Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policies For Parents

dorinda

Hi all, Just wondering how many of you actually photocopy policies and give a copy to parents. Or do you leave one copy outside for parents just to look at. I have 40 children on my books, i thought photocopying that amount is a lot.

Thank you Dorinda

Hi - I am new to all of this so here goes!

We do not copy policies for all parents as it would be way too costly and not very environmentally friendly. We photocopy some of the key policies and display them in plastic wallet type display units. We highlight the location of policies to parents via newsletters and during the induction process.

Hope that helps!

HI, ours are outside for all parents to look at on entry and always accessible but we always enclose Safeguarding, health and safety, equal opps and confidentiality to all parents in their pack when they start with us.... :oxD:(

Same as, just seems a lot easier than copying them all and to be honest it is only the odd parent that really takes an interest in policies. I must admit I find writing them a real chore and sometimes question the value of them even though I know we must have them!

In the end I splashed out on a policies and risk assessment pack from a company I found during my endless searching of the internet. Was pleasantly surprised with the quality and saved me literally hours of time. They also have a pack which contains an example EYSEF and other documents to help get through an OFSTED - it is superb and stopped my panic at not knowing where to start!!!!!

Link - to the policies website as you may find it useful.

Happy policy writing :o

Edited by Guest

I did used to give parents hard copies of our policies, but these days I give them a CD unless they ask for hard copy. If you are starting out with 40 packs it will be horrendous, ours built up over time, and so only needed to print off a few each year to give out when children started with us.

I did used to give parents hard copies of our policies, but these days I give them a CD unless they ask for hard copy. If you are starting out with 40 packs it will be horrendous, ours built up over time, and so only needed to print off a few each year to give out when children started with us.

CD is brilliant, but I wonder if a website might be acceptable? Email parents if and when there has been an update?

Honey

We link to ours on the website and do just that. Can't say that Ofsted asked specifically but it was in our procedures when they last came and they didn't frown!

all our policies are on our school website and those interested can look at them on there if they wish. If we review a pollicy throughout the school year, we draw attention to it in the school weekly news letter.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)