Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Open University Work...help

Hi

I have recently started a foundation degree through the Open university, I am on the first module E100, early years developing practice.

One of my study activities is to

'search the internet for a website relating to early years policy in England, i have to explore the website and note any areas or recent developments mentioned, then consider:

what key priorities can i identify

What changes have you seen or heard taking place locally that reflect the national agenda.

This to me is a very wide and generalquestion, with so many different changes constantly in policies and I am not really sure what would be a good starting point. So if anyone has any ideas on thoughts on any articles or websites they have have read please let me know.

Thank you

Emma

Hi

I have recently started a foundation degree through the Open university, I am on the first module E100, early years developing practice.

One of my study activities is to

'search the internet for a website relating to early years policy in England, i have to explore the website and note any areas or recent developments mentioned, then consider:

what key priorities can i identify

What changes have you seen or heard taking place locally that reflect the national agenda.

This to me is a very wide and generalquestion, with so many different changes constantly in policies and I am not really sure what would be a good starting point. So if anyone has any ideas on thoughts on any articles or websites they have have read please let me know.

Thank you

Emma

Well done on signing up for OU...Ive just finished my BA hons with OU..hard work but feels good when you finally get there. Re this subject what about looking at some of the cuts

for example Ofsted (now suposed to be consulting with children and yet the tellus online survey of childrens opinions has I believe just been cut due to cost issues)...also the Laming review etc. which suggested the universal access to info on children (CAF etc) thus avoiding duplication & aiding transparency when issues arise....was the very first cut the government made.

The Unicef report into poverty and unhappiness of children UK.....and the recent economic cuts impact on children and the report this week suggesting instead of a decrease in child poverty it is going to rise dramatically.

So we currently have a position whereby children's service appear to be baring the brunt of cuts which will not only impact on child welfare but also safeguarding.

As always though I would suggest you choose an area which interests you because that way you will be passionate about your research.....remembering of course to show pros and cons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)