Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music

Hi guys, I'm kind of almost there with my lesson plan that i am being observed with on thursday morning. I just need a lttle more brain power than what i have right now.....gne to mush!!!!

Its during keyworker time, and based around using musical instruments, developing listening skills.

This is my idea (rECEPTION cass by the way) Chn sit in circle, they remind me about the rules etc etc. A variety of musical instruments x2 of each....so that a child has one (tambourine) another child bells, another shakers etc in the centre of the circle are matching instruments. My dilemma is....if i was to shake a matching instrument one of the chn had, then it really wouldnt be developing listening skills, because they would see its an identical instrument. Is there away arund this?

I do hope i have explained it ok xxxx

Hi guys, I'm kind of almost there with my lesson plan that i am being observed with on thursday morning. I just need a lttle more brain power than what i have right now.....gne to mush!!!!

Its during keyworker time, and based around using musical instruments, developing listening skills.

This is my idea (rECEPTION cass by the way) Chn sit in circle, they remind me about the rules etc etc. A variety of musical instruments x2 of each....so that a child has one (tambourine) another child bells, another shakers etc in the centre of the circle are matching instruments. My dilemma is....if i was to shake a matching instrument one of the chn had, then it really wouldnt be developing listening skills, because they would see its an identical instrument. Is there away arund this?

I do hope i have explained it ok xxxx

what about shaking it isnide a box so it cannot be seen? or behind a screen?

Oh my gosh, i told you my brain hd gone to mush. Thankyou so much, i feel like such an idiot. My extension activity will be for chn to make their own shaker using water bottes, and they choose to put water, rice, cous cous, pasta in it. Later on ew will use them in phonics to hide letters etc.

thankyou again for your help, hugely appreciated xxx

Oh my gosh, i told you my brain hd gone to mush. Thankyou so much, i feel like such an idiot. My extension activity will be for chn to make their own shaker using water bottes, and they choose to put water, rice, cous cous, pasta in it. Later on ew will use them in phonics to hide letters etc.

thankyou again for your help, hugely appreciated xxx

isnt that what this forum is all about...helping out, sharing and working together for all children? You are most welcome...hope it goes well! :o

have you thought about getting two children to sit back to back in the middle of the circle with the same set of instruments in front of each child. One selects the instrument and the other has to respond with an 'echo' of the instrument- same idea to yours except you are letting the children lead..

You can differentiate by the type of instruments e.g. those that may need support give very different types of instrument e.g. tambourine, triangle, claves,

for the more able, similar instrument- egg shaker, maraca, rainstick

Mine sit back to back, and they love this game!!

We also do it passing the beat round a circle to see if it ends up the same when it gets back to the beginning

OH - and have you come across the book "Tanka, tanka, stomp" It's fantastic for listening to the sound of a word and replicating the syllables with a shaker or whatever - mine ADORE it!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)