Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Topic Book Lists

Just wondered if anyone has an ongoing list of books related to topics yet? We all seem to do the same themes eg Toys/bears, ourselves, transport, animals, nursery rhymes/fairy tales, etc and i always find the perfect book just after we finish a topic! It would also be good to hear of new titles people use as we tend to go for the old favourites too!

Sounds like a good idea Han - much like the music lists based around topics and themes that was discussed recently.  :)

33215[/snapback]

Really strange that you should raise this topic.I have just phoned my local Borders store and asked if they could produce a list ob books which had been classified loosely into topics.She agreed to ask a work experience person to do so,so wathch this space.It would save so much time.....back to reports...

if you are in a school that is in an LEA that has a schools library service (and your school buys into it) it can be a great place to get to know new texts and sometimes have surprise book boxes - in my old LEA you could phone them up and say what topic you were doing and the Yr group and you would get a great selection! (all delivered to the door too, what service!)

I'm rather like Carol. We get a library box, go through the school's supply, visit our local library and encourage children to bring books in from home. The latter is done by sending home a note before the holidays saying what the topic will be in the next half and suggesting fun activities the children can do to prepare for it, then saying we'd love to see any books they find when they come back to school. We can then read the books they've brought in at story times and use them on displays if the children are willing. Usually they are very proud when we share their book. Also you may find your literacy team at the LEA could help with ideas. The team at West Sussex are very inspired and helpful in this area!

Angela

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)