Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bereavement Policy

Does anyone have a bereavement policy for a nursery i could take a look at please. I have read all the posts with lots of information but there is so much i am not sure what to put in or take out, any help would be appreciated. Thanks Star.

We certainly do not have one.

Are you referring to amount of time off a member of staff has in these sad cases and the direct relationship to the member of staff concerned?

We have only experienced a member of staff's Father in Law dying and she was obviously given the day of the funeral off and the offer of more time off unpaid if she wanted it.

Hi Star not really sure what you mean by a policy.Is this for staff as in compassionate leave. Or is it in the circumstances of a adult/ parent or child sadly dying. For staff's time off we let them take it off for family members, or if friends they generally swop sessions. If it's support for a bereaved family within your setting, it really does depend on each family concerned, and there own family network.

Thanks for your replies. No it's not for staff time off it's more how to deal with children after a bereavement in thier family. I realise each circumstance is different i just wondered if anyone had an outline of a procedure to follow to get advice for myself and my staff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)