Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent & Toddler Group

Cait

The PLA do a good publication on running a parent and toddler group, but essentially I think anyone (or group of anyones) can set up a parent and toddler group. Since parents are there and are responsible for their children at all times, I don't believe you need any qualifications. Although you would probably need insurance to cover you in the event of any mishap or accidents and so on, or at least to ensure you are covered by the insurance cover of the organisation or the building where you hold your sessions.

There was a query here recently about whether you need to be Ofsted registered to run sessions, and I think it was decided that (again since parents are there the whole time) there is no need.

I started my childcare career as a Mother & Toddler volunteer many moons ago, definitely don't need qualifications.

I was tempted to add that I didn't have any qualifications either when I ran a parent and toddler group. But didn't because I realised it was about 18 years ago! :o

Mine too, slightly longer ago. I didn't know whether things had changed, after all, back in the days you could run a Preschool without qualifications. My Mum taught in a nursery school without any too