Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bittersweet Last-first-day-back Tomorrow

hows everyone in term-time only provision feeling about going back tomorrow (or if you've already gone back today)?

I'm really looking forward to going to see the children and parents again after so long, I've missed them (though its gone in a flash) but am also sad as I decided over the summer to apply for my pgce for next year and so will be telling my colleagues that I'm leaving (even though it's not for ages yet!). The leader and two chairs already know and have been extremely supportive and positive as they know it makes sense for me personally but I so love working where I do...although I can't complain too much as I feel lucky to have found such a special place and been part of it for 5 years!

Anyone else got mixed emotions tomorrow?- perhaps simply a little fear mixed with dread haha!

I have the dread of going back into playgroup and just knowing I'll have cocked up the new register, I will have given someone a wrong start date and mixed up someones sessions.

Really, I do it to keep the staff on their toes and to ensure the parents never take me for granted.

I'm sure you're setting will welcome you on visits and who knows one day you might be teaching the children who are with you :o now!

Many congrats for continuing with your studies - I'm sure that your setting will miss you but you have given them loads of time to get used to the idea.

Went back last Thursday - just for the new starters and started properly today with children returning from last year and staggered entry for new starters so quite a quiet day : making the most of it as numbers go up every day until all new starters in.

Couldn't help giggle at Rea's post - I know how you feel - I hate the autumn term registers with new starters not all starting on the same day and returners on holiday (if they've bothered to let you know that is) I'm not sure whose coming or whose going. No doubt given a couple of weeks it will feel as though we've never been away and if this term goes as fast as the summer term did then in no time it will be - .........

santa-hat-emoticon.gif

SueJ! Is that a smiley with a Christmas hat on I see? :o

Tomorrow would have been my first day back after the holidays. I'm going to Legoland with my son. If the weather is nice.

Congratulations on making this decision Extraordinary Chicken. Good luck with your continued studies, I am extremely impressed!

Maz is a lady if leisure now. I'm warning you though, its boring as heck and people will expect your house to be neat with the ironing done.

Hope its not raining at Legoland, it seems Autumn has arrived here overnight :o

Oh no Rea. I'll never have enough leisure in my life to have a tidy house! We aren't at Legoland. I did however listen to the Reith lectures on Radio 4, and then I had a nice little nap. For an hour or two... :o

Start as you mean to go on Maz :o

I went into playgroup to find..

A child visiting because I hadnt told them their start date.

A child missing from my list altogether.

A child changing their sessions.

A child deciding not to come at all.

A child no longer attending but we only found out when the manager of the nursery the child now attends came to see us.

Second day of the new term and my register needs to be re-written. Oh happy days xD

I am so relieved I thought it was just me who had all the hassle of parents changing days, and then having to spend ages changing all the lists.

The staff say I am too soft and I should not let them but I suppose thats what makes us flexible.

First proper day today, dont know anyones name its takes me forever, I am so tired.

Buttercup

I've been in for 2 days already!

Day 1 was Speech, Language and Communication Needs training then set up the classroom in the afternoon. Also started GCSE maths again last night!

Day 2 (today) EYFS training, kept wanting to chip in :o, housekeeping and finish setting up the classroom. I have one lovely blistered hand from sharpening a load of pencils and pencil crayons! :) I also started guides tonight with a trip to the local bowling alley.

Children back tomorrow, which will be fun painting Woody with the new year group is one of my activities planned. Got a shorter day tomorrow finish at 2:30pm then half day Thursday.

Re start uni on Friday, 9 more days left!!!