Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Care Vouchers - Please Help

Hi Everyone, Myself and my colleague have recently taken the plunge to throw in our teaching jobs and open a nursery. I have regularly used the parts of the forum that deal with school age children but am now switching to join you guys.

Anyway, just a few questions about the child care vouchers e.g. Do we need to sign ourselves up to various companies or are we able to accept vouchers from any company running the scheme? How do we redeem the vouchers?

Hope someone can help as we are a little confused.

I don't know of any voucher company that you can use without registering. However, I have only ever registered with companies following a request by a parent wanting to use them. I've been registered with about five different companies, and have found the process very easy. Once the parent tells me which company they want to use, I have been able to register online and then provide the parent with my Ofsted registration number (and sometimes a copy of my registration certificate) so that they can then inform the company they are sending their child(ren) to me.

As for redemption, again it depends on how the company is set up, but I have always elected to have the money paid straight into my bank account. I get an email telling me how much has been paid, for which child, and when. From my perspective it has always run very smoothly.

Good luck on your new venture - I look forward to hearing all about it as the months go by!

Hi Everyone, Myself and my colleague have recently taken the plunge to throw in our teaching jobs and open a nursery. I have regularly used the parts of the forum that deal with school age children but am now switching to join you guys.

Anyway, just a few questions about the child care vouchers e.g. Do we need to sign ourselves up to various companies or are we able to accept vouchers from any company running the scheme? How do we redeem the vouchers?

Hope someone can help as we are a little confused.

Firstly Good luck in your new venture,

we have quite a few parents using various voucher scheme to pay for or towards fees, when a parent tells us which voucher scheme they use we just have to give the parent our ofsted number and the parent passes this info onto the scheme and the scheme contact us usually for bank details and monies get paid into our bank. i dont know if they all work like this but the ones we have do.

they are so many different schemes around so i dont think you need to sign up until a parent comes to you asking.

i dont know if anyone else might have some more info on vouchers?

Best of luck with the new nursery

The only thing I would add is to keep a note of which family uses which voucher scheme so that if you need to search for or trace a payment, you know exactly where to look. We use about six different schemes, and a lot of families use them, so its worth keeping it organised!

Beehive

I too have done as above my only complaint is that sometimes we are delayed in payment coming and so the money is always in arrears, some i have also had to chase. Care 4 being one of them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)