Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Inspection Private Nursery/state Primary

squirrel

Hi, We rent on the site of a primary school, they are due an inspection next term. I've been told that although we've recently (13 months ago + Outstanding) been inspected we'll still be inspected again! Please tell me this isn't true :o we thought we could relax a bit for 3 years!

Thanks

PS I've been a member on EYFS but have only recently started using it, what an idiot I've been. It's an amazing site.

We are in the same position as you, a private Pre-School that rents from a primary school and we have been told by both Ofsted and Early Years Advisor (who also confirmed with Ofsted) that we will be inspected at the same time as the school.

Kris

I think it depends on what Ofsted inspectors are sent, that was the case for us last week everyone was telling us we would get inspected with the school, yesterday ofsted arrived on our doorstep and we had our own one 3 days later from the school. I dont think there is much telling on whether you are done with the school or not. If osted want to inspect they will x

We are school club on same site as as the school. We were inspected over 5 yrs ago :o . the school is outstanding and been told that they will no longer be inspected unless there is a complaint or sats results go down. Head said we would not be inspected either..Im not sure this is true though!

This has made me think about it from a slightly different perspective - my school nursery is currently using a room in a children's centre (whilst my school is being rebuilt) and I hear that the centre is due an ofsted soon...wonder if they'll pop into us? I'd never thought of that until this thread! Definitely worth assuming, from my point of view, that they would want to see what we do...that way there'll be no nasty surprise!

We were inspected in May, then we moved into school premises over the summer, had a 'mini' inspected in September because we had to set up a new registration when we moved.... then when the school were inspected in October of that year we were inspected again!!!!!

Now we are on the same 'cycle' I'm assuming that they will inspect us again when the school are due, which I don't mind becuase they get told when the inspectors are coming!!

We were inspected in May, then we moved into school premises over the summer, had a 'mini' inspected in September because we had to set up a new registration when we moved.... then when the school were inspected in October of that year we were inspected again!!!!!

Now we are on the same 'cycle' I'm assuming that they will inspect us again when the school are due, which I don't mind becuase they get told when the inspectors are coming!!

Seems like someone or some large organisation could be making a nice little earner out of all these inspections ....mmmmm ...food for thought here.

we are also on a school site and historically we have always been visited by ofsted at same time as school, however I have been told by ofsted this was beaucse we were both due inspection so easier, also I understand that if you had an outstanding at last inspection your next inspection will be between 3-5 years, and due to time demands on inspectors I would think if your last viist was 13 months ago and you had outstanding you may be able to relax for 3-5 years! I'm sure a call to ofsted will clearify!

x

we are also on a school site and historically we have always been visited by ofsted at same time as school, however I have been told by ofsted this was beaucse we were both due inspection so easier, also I understand that if you had an outstanding at last inspection your next inspection will be between 3-5 years, and due to time demands on inspectors I would think if your last viist was 13 months ago and you had outstanding you may be able to relax for 3-5 years! I'm sure a call to ofsted will clearify!

x

I definitely like your answer better :o I think I will have to make a call to Ofsted to try and get clarification on this, although I always dread calling them and I know realistically they aren't going to just turn up on my doorstep because of a phone call, but I'd still prefer not to!

Anyway thanks everyone that's taken the trouble to respond, much appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on with my phone call.

I definitely like your answer better :o I think I will have to make a call to Ofsted to try and get clarification on this, although I always dread calling them and I know realistically they aren't going to just turn up on my doorstep because of a phone call, but I'd still prefer not to!

Anyway thanks everyone that's taken the trouble to respond, much appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on with my phone call.

Hi, Well I called Ofsted and spoke to a very helpful young man who, sort of, clarified the situation! He said they will inspect independent pre-schools on site of a state primary school if the cycles tie in, they obviously prefer to do them at the same time. However if you've just been inspected, as we have, then we shouldn't be inspected again xD When I pointed out that I knew of several groups that had been inspected he just said "Well I don't understand that". So I'm absolutely none the wiser :( I guess we'll just have to be prepared for another inspection when the main school is, and at least we get some warning. Thanks again.