Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safeguarding

Governing Body is usually a team of 12 of which 2 if not 3 work in school; the head, a teacher and another member of staff. You then have parent governors, community governors and local authority members. There is governor training for everyone and this ensures all views are represented and confidentiality adhered to.

just to add the school will also have a named safeguarding person, this is usually the head. I think all staff now have child protection training and there is usually someone else on the governing body who will have done safe guarding training and safer recruitment.

thanks everyone the problem is that the person in question seems to have a finger in each pie...he is the safeguarding person (for the school and the governors) is the welfare rep/designated person and the head seems to be in denial that there may be a problem. This info is for a friend as i am not directly involved. I have suggested that as no one is taking her seriously that she records everything and contacts social care anonymously.

Is this about a specific issue/concern, finleysmaid? If so then there should be a whistle blowing policy that staff can use if they feel their concerns aren't being taken seriously.

Mind you, contacting Social Care for advice is a great way of getting advice about whether her concerns are justified, so that might be an easier course of action in the short term.

Is this about a specific issue/concern, finleysmaid? If so then there should be a whistle blowing policy that staff can use if they feel their concerns aren't being taken seriously.

Mind you, contacting Social Care for advice is a great way of getting advice about whether her concerns are justified, so that might be an easier course of action in the short term.

there is a whistleblowing policy but it is not being adhered to hence this problem is not being dealt with :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)