Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Changing Playgroup Sessions Times

Hi

Can anyone help?

After sending out a questionnaire to parents I feel we should drag ourselves out of the 1970's and change our opening hours.

At the moment we do sessions 9am until 12am and 12.30pm until 3pm (half hour break at midday)

I want to change to the parents having the option of

9am - 12am

9am - 1pm

12am -3pm

1pm until 3pm. Still at 38 weeks a year.

I rang OFSTED today to check if our registration fee would change because of this and they said that we would still stay on the lower fee (Going up to £50ish) is this correct?

Also we have PLA insurance does anyone know if that would change. I have tried reading the booklet but it makes no sense.

Can anyone think of anything else I would need to do. Also what happens if say a 12am collection parent is late and we need to accept the 12am - 3pm children?

Many Thanks

When we changed our hours so that 2 days a week we run 9-12 and 12-3 we had to change our insurance (also with psla), I think it increased by about £80 extra for the year.

Not sure where you are but don't forget to also tell your LEA.

Kris

It does get a bit confusing at 12 o clock, but at that time children are sitting for circle time and we don't have that many children come in (only 1 or 2) as most tend to be all day. As of yet we haven't been out of ratio due to late collection! :o

Kris