Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving Premises

alis2son

Can anyone tell me which form it is that i will have to complete for Ofsted as we're moving to a new site at the end of summer. Their website is a nightmare and i keep coming up with social care forms when i search. Is it a completely new registration?

Thanks,

Ali x

Can anyone tell me which form it is that i will have to complete for Ofsted as we're moving to a new site at the end of summer. Their website is a nightmare and i keep coming up with social care forms when i search. Is it a completely new registration?

Thanks,

Ali x

ok dont wish to worry you but re-registration takes up to 17 weeks with ofsted!! :o contact them direct by phone explain what you are doing(are you moving postcode/changing registration?...if so then yes it is a new registration)are you the registered person at present? the new business unit are helpful and shpould help you through the process ...once you've paid them the new reg fees xD good luck

:/ ok im a little worried now! we are moving down the street, same post code, different building as the one were in now is being knocked down :o . im not the registered person, but i have to fill the forms in and he will sign them. we have only just secured the new site, and thought it was going to take a few weeks, but 17?!?! i guess a seemless transition is out then haha

Thanks

Ali x

ok the good news is that if the registered person is not changing and the post code is not changing then the time frame should be shorter...are you changing your registration (ie numbers/ages/supervisor?) if not then there may be very few difficulties...though ofsted have to inspect the building before you move in ...they will not give you your registration certificate otherwise. (it is often this that causes the problems because they have to get an inpector to come out (you should then have an inspection at the new premises within 7 months. The reason i am so up on this information is that we are moving over the summer too....please pm me if you want to, happy to help if i can :o

We are currently in a room in the infants school and during the summer holidays are moving to an Elliott hutt still on the school site(same postcode, registered person and staff) Have been advised by someone at County that OFSTED will not need to come out to look at the building. We thought that this was odd, does anyone know if they will come out or not?

They don't always come out to childminders when they move house - depending on inspection history tehy may just ask for risk assessment of new property.

ok the good news is that if the registered person is not changing and the post code is not changing then the time frame should be shorter...are you changing your registration (ie numbers/ages/supervisor?) if not then there may be very few difficulties...though ofsted have to inspect the building before you move in ...they will not give you your registration certificate otherwise. (it is often this that causes the problems because they have to get an inpector to come out (you should then have an inspection at the new premises within 7 months. The reason i am so up on this information is that we are moving over the summer too....please pm me if you want to, happy to help if i can :o

thanks! i may just do that. I will be the manager still, registered person is still the same, we are just moving into another school along the same road with a very similar set up. but this has all been a little rushed and im not getting a good feeling about it at all... our room may not be available straight off either xD this building is being knocked down and we have been given an extension until the last week of august, but theyre adamant that this is the final date for us to be out. :(

we moved to a new premises in march, same staff/ registered person etc....we did have premises checked and another suitable person interview but was very quick, also heard it could take a while so registered early but had to put them off 3 times as we hadnt moved even though we'd told them when we were planning to open.

ok..another query then...if the committee is dissolved and a private individual takes over I take it that there has to be a re-registering also? If this was to happen would it mean that the setting would have to close or could it remain open until the registration came through...a query if I decide in the furture to take over school club as a business!!

Guest babyjane31

Just to say we changed premises just over a year ago. We literally moved from one side of the school playground to the other but still had to re-register and it did take about 10 weeks. Ofsted re-did suitable persons interview wanted to see revised policies and risk assessments and check building before they issued us with new registration certificate.

Don't want to alarm anyone but it was not as straightforward as we thought as nothing else was changing only our building

Hi

We moved last September, i'm sure it's an EY0 form you need to fill in.

This was done by committee last June, Ofsted told us in August that they had not received it! so make sure you send anything by recorded delivery & that it has to be signed for at their end, also back it up with an email. Funny though after the chair said she wanted to make an official complaint about it going missing, mysteriously was found two days later!

We have been in our new premises since last September, and although I've had my suitable persons last September as a new manager at which the lady from prospect was surprised we had not had a premises check, but no re-registration.

We have had no premises check until our Ofsted inspector at inspection last week said she would complete this at the same time! & i have heard of another setting in the local area that has had no premises check two years after they had moved.

I have recently registered a new room to use in a different setting at the same postcode, and only had to complete a variation form.

I expected a visit, but Ofsted called within 2 weeks and took my plans and measurements as being OK and then sent the new Ofsted registration form back within a 3 week turnaround, so I was very impressed !

I was advised to update my SEF with the new room plans and why it was needed for good practice.