Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracker Plus Books

Hi all,

At present we are using the Personal Pathways as a way of tracking the child's progress through the Development Matters but were thinking of using the Tracker Plus books as they look nicer and offer examples of what to look for.

However, although we had committee on side, 2 members of the Early Years team visited today and said we were not to use the Tracker Plus books.

Surely, the method that we use doesn't matter so long as we are assessing and planning for the children?!

Does anyone else use these books and/or have any 'fors and againsts' using them so we can go back to the committee with the full picture while we try to argue our side?!!

Thank you

Not sure of their issues Sunnyday - it was just a flat 'no!'

They are basically the same as the Pathways that we use now though - space for observations/notes and dates when children are competent. As a parent I would rather see a book with a seperate file for pictures etc, than a load of sheets of hole-punched paper which are falling out as they do after 2 years of using them etc.

Sorry, ranting now but I wish these people would 'advise' instead of laying down the law!

We dont use them as a profile but have them at the setting as we feel that the description that is written in normal peropl terms of the development matters statements are a lot easier to plan activites for. Some DM's can be interpreted in several ways but I like the wasy that the tracker says it as is is without the jargon.

We to were told by development office when she saw them not to use . We had to explain what ew did with them.

We dont use them as a profile but have them at the setting as we feel that the description that is written in normal peropl terms of the development matters statements are a lot easier to plan activites for. Some DM's can be interpreted in several ways but I like the wasy that the tracker says it as is is without the jargon.

We to were told by development office when she saw them not to use . We had to explain what ew did with them.

Yes, that's how we use them at the moment. As you say, the descriptions are so much easier to understand.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)