Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Emergency Contacts

Emmawill

My setting had a ECERS audit last week and one thing that was mentioned was that wwe did not have a list displayed of emergecy contact numbers like fire, police etc!!

have never heard of this and would have thought 999 was fairly obvious??! or am I missing something

we did have the number written on our emergency evacuation procedure (fire drill ) on the wall..

we had the police local number on the wall by the phone.. it was not 999 but a local centralised number

and remember that 112 can also be used in an emergency so this was included as well..

did not have a number for ambulance displayed.. as you say assumed all would know 999... perhaps we should have...

do also remember having local fire station on the mobile phone..

Hi Emma

don't know how familiar you are with ECERS and I don't have the handbook to hand, but from memory I think the requirement for this is to be prepared in the event of an emergency and a written, displayed plan is just one example, rather than a necessity. Other examples, would include, first aid kit easily available, contact numbers for parents, access to a phone, etc. If you do keep a list of emergency numbers they can be in a book, and might include environmental health; committee (if committee run); LA; gas board (if you have gas) etc..Im sure there are plenty. However I'm not aware that they have to be displayed, just easily accessible.(for the purpsoe of ECERS) I have also seen settings that have an emergency procedure for eg if the 999 has to happen, and of course a fire evacuation plan.

I hope that makes sense, at least that's my take on it, Im sure others will have other things to add.

Hi Emma

don't know how familiar you are with ECERS and I don't have the handbook to hand, but from memory I think the requirement for this is to be prepared in the event of an emergency and a written, displayed plan is just one example, rather than a necessity. Other examples, would include, first aid kit easily available, contact numbers for parents, access to a phone, etc. If you do keep a list of emergency numbers they can be in a book, and might include environmental health; committee (if committee run); LA; gas board (if you have gas) etc..Im sure there are plenty. However I'm not aware that they have to be displayed, just easily accessible.(for the purpsoe of ECERS) I have also seen settings that have an emergency procedure for eg if the 999 has to happen, and of course a fire evacuation plan.

I hope that makes sense, at least that's my take on it, Im sure others will have other things to add.

thank you that makes sense now!

What a complete waste of time, when ringing 999 will get you same response. Presumably if you wanted a fire/ambulance you would only call one in an emergency and if you tried to ring police station in my area you would first have to work out which ones were open when as none of them open all day now!!

Surely we all have an emergency/evacuation policy/procedures anyway? Hopefully displayed

Sorry Mundia just read this back and realsied how rude it sounds. I wasn't referring to your comments

Edited by lynned55

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)