Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Manager Suitability

Hi

Our new manager at school club started Dec 2010. Sent off all her documentation ie references, health declaration etc etc and she has received her CRB back from OFSTED.

When do we actually get notified if she is a suitable manager? They have not contacted her yet about a suitable person interview or anything else as yet. Do we just take it that she is suitable or do we have to have it written xD

Either that or the last chair didnt keep the letter to say she is suitable :(:o

Thanks

When I was acting up I was still waiting for my suitable person interview four months later when the new manager took over. She waited at least ten months for her suitable person interview and I know someone else who waited a year. As far as I know they won't send the suitability letter until after that interview.

Worth a call to ask.. when we called to remind them about my replacement they were there in 2 weeks..

you need the letter.... or they may do like they did to me every year telling me I was not suitable! ( I had been running the setting for 6 years when they started... )

you need the letter.... or they may do like they did to me every year telling me I was not suitable! ( I had been running the setting for 6 years when they started... )

So what happened then Inge? Why did they consider you unsuitable? I take it you just carried on working?

Hi, am new to the forum and this caught my eye as i am still waiting for my suitability check and it has been over a year! we keep chasing them and they keep saying that they will ring to arrange an interview but nothing yet|! Does anyone know what sort of things they ask at these interviews would be great to be a little prepared.

Hi, am new to the forum and this caught my eye as i am still waiting for my suitability check and it has been over a year! we keep chasing them and they keep saying that they will ring to arrange an interview but nothing yet|! Does anyone know what sort of things they ask at these interviews would be great to be a little prepared.

I had been in my role for over a year before they decided to come out and ask if I was suitable. She was lovely, came to my house as we had no office at preschool, and I am really sorry not to remember the detail, but it was fine, I did not 'prepare' for it at all, and if you have been in the role for over a year like me, I am sure you will be fine x

Well when I took over as supervisor eight years ago I had my suitable persons interview on my first day in the job! Well it might have been the second, but you get my drift. :o I can't remember when we found out officially, but she did tell me on the day that everything was in order so the letter when it arrived was just confirmation really.

i have my suitable person interview in 3 weeks for a job ive been doing for 12 years! :o because we are moving the pre-school and i am becoming the registered person rather than the committee the big O have decided i need checking .....although the inspector did query this! xD (have to say im not really looking forward to it! :( ) I can talk with anyone about anything but mention the O word and i become a complete wreck!

i have my suitable person interview in 3 weeks for a job ive been doing for 12 years!

At least you'll be able to talk about what you do from knowledge, finleysmaid. A lot of my answers began "well obviously I haven't been here long enough to know what we do here, but my approach would be to..." Seemed to work though! :o

So what happened then Inge? Why did they consider you unsuitable? I take it you just carried on working?

Phone call.. and complaint to them.. apology usually sent to me by post for their mistake...

but it still happened the next year... got to the stage where I ignored the letters :o after all I did have a stack of them from previous times apologising for their error... just imagine if we had one thing out of place...

and one year they rang me to check on the details on their data base ... that was a big laugh.. not one of the staff was on there.. not a single committee member was right.. they were all 4 years out of date even though we had the letters from them giving the ok.. and the staff they did have I had never heard of..