Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery RE

Hello all, has anyone done a fabulous lesson on Pentecost with the little uns?- we are a catholic school

It depends on how deeply you want to go into the story. We made headbands with coloured 'flames' on them to signify the Holy Spirit alighting on each child a couple of years ago. We didn't do anything last year, I'm not sure what we'll be doing this year, so I'll watch your thread with interest

Hello all, has anyone done a fabulous lesson on Pentecost with the little uns?- we are a catholic school

[/quo

Hello, my initial response was to think this is far too complicated a concepts for 3 and 4 year olds to understand. But on reflection - I would take the theme of friendships and explain that Jesus was going away and was going to send his very special friend (The Holy Spirit), to help people. You could then look at friendships in general. If a child has experienced the death of someone close this could also bring some comfort if explained in the right way. Hope this thought helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)