Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Who Checks Crn For Committee

Hi

Can anyone tell me who can do the checks for a CRB check sent by OFSTED for new committee member. I am CRB checked and as new chair can I do it or does it have to be someone who has known them for x yrs and is eg dr, teacher

Thanks

PS What do you need to check anyne know? Just been emailed by new committee member and cant remember the form i did for myself! Is it the same as any other CRB check ie one with DOB, one with address plus one other?

Edited by marley

Hi

Can anyone tell me who can do the checks for a CRB check sent by OFSTED for new committee member. I am CRB checked and as new chair can I do it or does it have to be someone who has known them for x yrs and is eg dr, teacher

Thanks

PS What do you need to check anyne know? Just been emailed by new committee member and cant remember the form i did for myself! Is it the same as any other CRB check ie one with DOB, one with address plus one other?

I really don't know the answer - just thought I'd post to say your title says CRN not CRB.... might get more knowledgeable responses! :oxD

From the first day I was chair I've signed the CRB forms with no comment from Ofsted about the length of time I've been chair.

The forms we most recently sent in were the EY2. the committee members then received a letter with another form Enhanced NBU which I have to sign to say I've seen proof the person is who they say they are. I cant recall what proof was acceptable but ours gave driving licences and passports.

Thanks. I have sent in new EY3 form which old chair signed to say that I am now nominated person, 2 out of 3 new members done their EY2 forms and got back their CRB forms so will sign. Lets hope OFSTED have noted the change in nominated person :o

Did any of yours receive an enhanced NBU form to fill in after they'd sent off the EY2 form?

I'd not come across it before. It asks if they want to be checked for ISA too.

My setting is Committee run and I do all crb's applications on line. The're free of charge and so easy to do and no signatures needed. If you'd like the link let me know.

dottyp

My setting is Committee run and I do all crb's applications on line. The're free of charge and so easy to do and no signatures needed. If you'd like the link let me know.

dottyp

Yes the link would be useful.

Which Agency do you use? we're with Capita

Did any of yours receive an enhanced NBU form to fill in after they'd sent off the EY2 form?

I'd not come across it before. It asks if they want to be checked for ISA too.

The last one we had returned was about 2 weeks ago and no we didn't have a NBU form

Hi ....will have to check as never heard of this NBU form (Even tried google search???). Will let you know when I see it (CRB/NBU?)on Tues with new committee member.

Dottyp...we do our staff crbs online using capita and I am very impressed with how quick they do it. However, committee members ar always done by OFSTED. New committee members get a CRB form (or this new form?) once they send in their EY2 form to OFSTED.

We were told chair or leader could check id and sign them but we always use the chair as they have never been refused. He could only do them once he had his CRB back clear from Ofsted. I was told by Ofsted on the phone that those new NBU forms were printed in anticipation of the ISA being brought in, and until it did not to worry about that part. I guess now it has been kept on hold they are using up old stock until they print more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)