Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Teachernet

Cait

There was a notice on the National Strategies website when I last looked saying that it wouldn't be available after a certain date and that all the documents would be on the National Archives site - maybe they will do the same with teachernet. Seems a shame to pop it somewhere where it might be hard to find esp as some stuff e.g. literacy units are still being used by us and nothing new has come in.

Wonder what they are planning.... :o

Reason for edit: Spelling!

Edited by Guest

That would be really useful esp for some of the key documents e.g. EYFS framework/profile etc. I've just been on the the strategies site to start downloading the things I need but the message about it being moved and decommissioned seems to have vanished! Anyway am still going to get what I need for next year as am moving year groups and want to get my hands on it whilst I know where I can find it!

I don't know how to do the link to another thread thing so copied and pasted it! Think I put it in News.

End Of National Strategies Site :-(

Dear Colleague,

This website will be closing down in June 2011. The contents of the site will be moved to the National Archives where they will still be accessible.

The first stage in the closedown of this site will be the removal of all ‘interactive elements’, including user log in, by the end of March 2011. These elements also include groups, discussions and the ability to track e-learning progress.

Best Wishes

The National Strategies

Got this email today, shame, have found the site invaluable these last few years. Let's see what comes next.

When searching on google recently for some old surestart business support resources, I accidently found myself in the national archives - it's was as easy to access as any other information site I've used and I was able to open and save the information I wanted - so hopefully, the national strategies info will be just as accessible.

Thanks Cait.

I recieved a letter yesterday informing me that Nursery World is no longer to be available printed, just on-line.

Just seems like everything is changing very quickly at the moment

Crikey! Whatever next, I can't see how a paid for publication can justify that! What a shame, I circulate ours, some staff don't have internet access at home so wouldn't be the same :o

Crikey! Whatever next, I can't see how a paid for publication can justify that! What a shame, I circulate ours, some staff don't have internet access at home so wouldn't be the same :o

Yes, and you still have to pay to access it on-line not as much but still ....

We also use it as a group, but also some of the posters are useful, and to print them off would cost a lot of pennies, and then to stick them together would just not look right.

I'm in two minds as to sign up for the on-line publication, I always seem to need a hard to copy to digest something