Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Meeting Ideas

I have a staff meeting on Wed and want staff to reflect on their practice in groups. I plan to seperate them into groups to brainstorm current positive practice and then identify areas for improvements or new ideas for their own individual groups - baby room, toddler room etc...

I am trying to come up with some other 'fun' ways to self reflect during the meeting - anyone got any ideas?

Hello Mollie1 and congratulations on your first post

It's an interesting idea, isn't it, could you video them and let them watch the videos? Although you'd have to be aware that they'd be on their 'best behaviour' whilst being filmed!

could they come up with an activity to present to the other groups for them to have a go and then that group could feed back...perhaps based on their favourite activity/experience that they have done that week with possible extensions? or maybe they have to produce a messy activity or one based on something you think the whole group need more work on. perhaps start with something fun like a tresure hunt with a bottle of wine for the winner to get them moving!!!(maybe mix them up for this one to encourage working with other groups)

We write a positive comment about everyone else on a post it and place in a hat before reading them out (make sure the name comment is about is on there too). Usually this focuses on an outstanding example of practice witnessed or something someone has done to help/support a colleague. It's a nice way to recognise each other and boosts morale :o

We have done Moo20's idea but in a team building exercise; everyone loved it and spoke about it for ages, some even kept their slips for ages!

Thanks - love the post it idea! Will add that to my plan - I don't want to be all negative to them so that is a nice idea to start off with :)

We did Moo20's idea at uni. Slightly differently, we all had 1 piece of paper and wrote our name, then we passed that to the person next to us who wrote a comment,they then folded the paper so our name still showed but their comment didn't and they passed it on and so forth. When you got your own piece of paper back you got to open it and read all the lovely comments. I found one of mine last week and it really made me smile.

We do something similar when children leave. We spend the week or so before chatting with the children and noting down the nice things they say about each other. I type these up and they go in their special file