Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ey3 Etc

Ok had AGM last night..got one new member nobody left just a reshuffle witch included chair stepping down to general member and me going to chair.

So. got all the bumpf last night that comes with being chair. Sorted all out and noticed that there were no suitability letters for 3 current members of committee from OFSTED. Was aware of 2 who were new last year...they have sent there docs off but nothing sent back to them from OFSTED. Third one been on committee years. Will ask chair later if she has any other info.

Question is this..have given new member EY2 and other 2 members to do. Not sure if last year chair did EY3 also but I have done one to include new member, myself as now being nominated person. Do I also include those members who have still not received anything from OFSTED and start again with them or should I just send their EY2 forms in?

Any advice appreciated!

I've just sent off EY2 forms for some of our new lot and within a couple of weeks they received forms from Ofsted called ENHANCED NBU. You might want ot phone them first to check the EY2 are still valid. I'd spoken to them a couple of weeks before I sent the EY2 but they didnt mention these others.

You can ask then if they have anything on file for the ones who've not received anything back.

We had one committee member who, for one reason or another, spent months doing the CRB form Ofsted sent her after getting the EY2. In the end they needed a new EY2 completing before they would process the CRB so it might be best to check with them. In terms of the EY3 which, if I remember correctly is the notification of members coming and going, every so often I just write them a letter stating who is involved and saying all others previously connected should be removed from our records. For some reason the EY3 always gets overlooked at my setting!

I've never been sent an EY3, I thought marley had mistyped!!

When I spoke to Ofsted about sending tham a letter to inform them of change of committee, the guy said it wasnt necessary and just to do the EY2s.

Sorry marley :o

just been through all this too ...some of my committee did online ey2's some paper...we sent a letter to ofsted notifying them of the changes.Had to contact them re something else and found they had all sorts of people on their list who have left years ago, so my advice would be to phone and say you just wanted to check who they have registered then do ey2's for those not on there. I was told that ey3's are now required when changing members!

Will OFSTED speak to me though until I send them the EY3 telling them Im the new nominated person? :oxD

I presume the EY2 forms are still being used as they were updated feb 2011 although I cant see what they have upated.

What are EY3, sorry I thought it was a typo as well!

Every year I send them EY2's for new committee and a letter listing names and psots of committee for that year. A few weeks ago I had a phone call from some one at Ofsted asking me to verify certain names were still on committee, she went back over 6/7 years and said as I had never informed that people had come off they assumed they were still members. Now I never say in my letter so & so is no longer a member but as the letter states please see below for list of committee members for 20xxx and their names weren't on the list you would assume they updated accordingly.

An EY3 form has to be completed to inform Ofsted about any changes to names, addresses and any start or leave date for all individuals making up the organisation, which includes committee members, partners, directors, the nominated person and the manager.

Hmm, do you know how long these have been in force for? I've honestly never heard of them or been asked to use them. I've always just sent them notification on headed paper along with EY2....... and then of course they always deny having it despite always seeming to send new committee CRB forms

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)