Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do You Have An Administrator

Hello Everyone

I have asked before about Administrators in the preschool setting but just wondering how many of us are out there!!

Would be nice to meet a few others and exchange information regarding job descriptions, who you report to, hours etc.

So if anyone is out there, pop by and say hi!

Well, at the moment that would be a combinaion of me and the staff, especially the playleader. Wedo everything between us because I forgot an administerial role of sending off the EY2 forms for the commitee!

hi toddlermadness...my administrator uses another forum so doesnt come on here often but she does exist :o in fact she is my deputy as well (a woman of many talents!) she works 3 days in the setting and two days at home...one for paperwork and one for wages (in theory although this is very flexible) it is a great arrangement as she has an elderly mum at home and wanted to spend more time with her but still have a full time job. Everything is so much more organised now and if i need a letter written it can be done in a couple of days also as we are just about to move the pre-school she has been able to attend meetings with me /take minutes/arrange times etc etc etc! and although i pay her more for her admin time through good budgeting and management i reckon she will have earnt her money by the end of the year!

hi toddlermadness...my administrator uses another forum so doesnt come on here often but she does exist :o in fact she is my deputy as well (a woman of many talents!) she works 3 days in the setting and two days at home...one for paperwork and one for wages (in theory although this is very flexible) it is a great arrangement as she has an elderly mum at home and wanted to spend more time with her but still have a full time job. Everything is so much more organised now and if i need a letter written it can be done in a couple of days also as we are just about to move the pre-school she has been able to attend meetings with me /take minutes/arrange times etc etc etc! and although i pay her more for her admin time through good budgeting and management i reckon she will have earnt her money by the end of the year!

oohhhh... what forum does she use? Would love to chat with her :)

Sounds like you work really well together and good luck with your move!

• 6 months later...
Hello Everyone

I have asked before about Administrators in the preschool setting but just wondering how many of us are out there!!

Would be nice to meet a few others and exchange information regarding job descriptions, who you report to, hours etc.

So if anyone is out there, pop by and say hi!

Hi,

I am a pre school administrator, I was employed to take on all the admin the committee didn't want to do and seem to have taken over most of the management of the pre school, in theory I report to the committee chair but we only see her about once every 3 months so myself and the setting supervisor pretty much do things however we like! What about you?

Lisa

Hi,

I am a pre school administrator, I was employed to take on all the admin the committee didn't want to do and seem to have taken over most of the management of the pre school, in theory I report to the committee chair but we only see her about once every 3 months so myself and the setting supervisor pretty much do things however we like! What about you?

Lisa

Hello Lisa!! Great to finally see and chat to another administrator lol

I was first employed to take on the work of the treasurer, accounts, wages, control of money etc..... but Im now in the preschool office 3 days a week and do all the admin side, e.g waiting list, telephone, staff files.... all the bits that keep the business side ticking over :) I report to the Treasurer and meet with her as often as possible, as she wants to be involved, which is great as she is happy to do bits for me, like banking of the money and i attend the committee meetings with the supervisor.

Do you find though that there never seems to be enough time in the day to do all the bits? I find Im chasing my tail every day lol

Hello Lisa!! Great to finally see and chat to another administrator lol

I was first employed to take on the work of the treasurer, accounts, wages, control of money etc..... but Im now in the preschool office 3 days a week and do all the admin side, e.g waiting list, telephone, staff files.... all the bits that keep the business side ticking over :) I report to the Treasurer and meet with her as often as possible, as she wants to be involved, which is great as she is happy to do bits for me, like banking of the money and i attend the committee meetings with the supervisor.

Do you find though that there never seems to be enough time in the day to do all the bits? I find Im chasing my tail every day lol

Hi,

I was orgionally employed for 8 hours a week, that has now become 20 hours a week and in all honesty to do everything properly it could easily be more! I find I do the important things but things that would be nice but are not essential don't get done. We constantly struggle to get a committee together and our current committee have no idea what is going on, the chair hasn't been in for weeks, so I pretty much run the business side of the pre school! It is a good job I get on so well with the supervisor! I like you am constantly chasing my tail!

Hi,

I was orgionally employed for 8 hours a week, that has now become 20 hours a week and in all honesty to do everything properly it could easily be more! I find I do the important things but things that would be nice but are not essential don't get done. We constantly struggle to get a committee together and our current committee have no idea what is going on, the chair hasn't been in for weeks, so I pretty much run the business side of the pre school! It is a good job I get on so well with the supervisor! I like you am constantly chasing my tail!

We have a paid administrator that does 20 hours a week too, I would be lost without her!!

• 6 months later...

I am also an administrator for a pre school as well as working there as a practitioner! I do 4 hours a week, although this is ineveitably more, I do all paperwork from getting registers ready for new term, bills, preparing wages and anything else that involves paper basically. I do all the funding and newsletters and also have to allocate the sessions to the new children! There is not a lot I dont do!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)