Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ico

Hello

Trust you are aware that ,if we store any information on the children that we work with, on the compute /use a digital camera by law we have to register with the ICO ( information commission office.

I have received a letter confirming my Entry in the Data Register.( Data protection Act 1998 ) :o

• 3 months later...

Can anyone confirm this for me please? I am in a playgroup and yes i use a digital camera, does this apply for the childrens and families information i hold while they are with us? I have just been told that we must have a licesene however this is news to me, what does it cover and where do we get one from?

Can anyone confirm this for me please? I am in a playgroup and yes i use a digital camera, does this apply for the childrens and families information i hold while they are with us? I have just been told that we must have a licesene however this is news to me, what does it cover and where do we get one from?

It does apply but pretty sure it's free for voluntary agencies.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/what_we_cover/promot...e_register.aspx

Bite the bullet and just do it....Now....about my SEF...talk about procrastination.

Honey

Edited by HoneyPancakes

Not everyone needs to register or notify.. there are exceptions... some not for profit organisations are xepmt but need to follow some strich guidelines

look here for information on exemption

it does cost.. we paid £35.00 per year...and reading up it is still the same now...

we notified although at the time we were exempt... was easy to do and they had very helpful information on the site as to how to do it and what we needed to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)