Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Missed The Meet Up!

Rea

I've just got back from the show. I didnt find the cafe until 11.30 and no-one was there. :(

I was wearing my FSF badge but couldnt see any others so I missed meeting everyone. Really sorry, hope everyone had a great time and your feet arent aching anywhere near as much as mine are.

Spent loads of money, managed to find a princess finger puppet with a blue dress rather than pink for the George and the Dragon story, was disappointed at the lack of free stuff compared with previous years and amazed at one fundraising stall that would give us £1.00 for every £5.00 they received - some fundraising eh? :o

£12.00 for 2 chicken sandwiches and 2 coffee's too.

Mr Motivator looked so good for his age I might start exercising!

Well, maybe thats going a bit too far.

xD

Oh Rea sooo sorry to hear you missed the others xD

Until ill health decided for me that I couldn't go this year I was thinking about howing to make sure I met up.

Maybe next year we could swap mobile numbers :o

Hope the sandwiches were extra tasty at that price

Swopping numbers would have been the sensible thing really knowing how rubbish I am at organising my life. I should have looked at Maz's floor plan better. Never mind, there's always next year.

Sandwiches were pretty rubbish to be honest.

Swopping numbers would have been the sensible thing really knowing how rubbish I am at organising my life. I should have looked at Maz's floor plan better. Never mind, there's always next year.

Sandwiches were pretty rubbish to be honest.

You are not alone! I am hopeless, no sense of direction whatsoever and often have to ring hubby when we get 'lost' in the supermarket!!

I too have just got back Rea- couldn't believe how few exhibitors were there this year, however given the fees they have to pay to hire a stand (well into the £1,000's depending on the size of the stand) I am not surprised that there were so few in todays climate. Still had a good mooch round and got the lovely Community Playthings lorry- what a great idea xD Didn't buy a single sticker (hurray :o ) but helped myself to all the free EY magazines!

Spoke to some lovely people, Storyphones (really lovely family business) but watch out as TTS are bringing their own version out very soon and at half the price!

Hope everyone else who went had a good day

Well. Next time we definitely need to swap mobile numbers. Had I known for definite who was going I would have put out a call - but I didn't think to take a list with me!

We were at the cafe at the appointed time, but it was difficult to find, especially as the Sovereign stand wasn't actually there!

Upsy Daisy and I had A4 sized FSF logos stuck to our bags so we were pretty visible if you had happened to walk by us! In such a big venue that would have been the luck of the draw, really.

So I still have a little bag of nine FSF badges. When is the next education show, anyone know? :o

Iwas just looking at the Tesco for Schools and Clubs book and noticed that on page 120 there is a headphone set that is called Easi-Ears. It looks like a TTS logo on the front - do you think this is what apple saw at the show? If it is, do you know if it is as tough as the Story Phones?

Sue J

Well. Next time we definitely need to swap mobile numbers. Had I known for definite who was going I would have put out a call - but I didn't think to take a list with me!

We were at the cafe at the appointed time, but it was difficult to find, especially as the Sovereign stand wasn't actually there!

Upsy Daisy and I had A4 sized FSF logos stuck to our bags so we were pretty visible if you had happened to walk by us! In such a big venue that would have been the luck of the draw, really.

So I still have a little bag of nine FSF badges. When is the next education show, anyone know? :o

Manchester central 8/9th April 2011 for the TES Education North! Can you tell I am going on the Saturday!

couldn't believe how few exhibitors were there this year, however given the fees they have to pay to hire a stand (well into the £1,000's depending on the size of the stand) I am not surprised that there were so few in todays climate.

My hubby was there on Friday as a guest of a supplier. He, too, said it was a smaller show with less freebies so he bought me back what was on offer and advised me not to make the trip unless there was something particular I wanted. As there wasn't - apart from hoping to meet fellow fsf members I stayed home and did my Uni assignment instead :o

Apparently the exhibitors were commenting on the huge numbers of students visiting purely on the lookout for freebies and with nothing to spend....

Nona

I thought the show was smaller than in previous years, but that isn't always a bad thing. I enjoyed it - I too made the Community Playthings truck, and also a kite! :o

One thing that struck me was the number of teachers who were spending lots of money on resources. I wonder how many of them will be reclaiming the money - very few, I'd have thought. xD