Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Would You Crb?

Hi

Would you CRB a Duke of Edinburgh volunteer 16 yrs old who will be in our setting for 1 hour per week for approx 6 months. Ususla thing of will never be left alone with children and supervised at all times.

Thanks

Hi i would check with the authorising body as in " Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme as they may already have one. Also not sure who your insured with whether this person is covered as a student/volunteer and the fact that she is still under 18, better to be safe than sorry.. :o

no ....i have several boys in this sort of situation they are covered in the same group as the work experience lot......however you might want to which is a different matter!!! :o (there is a clause that covers this but it is at work i will try to find it later)

I wouldnt. At the last safeguarding day I went on they said a 16 yr old is a child so would come under your safeguarding policy. One hour per week wouldnt need one either if she is supervised. We have 2 mature volunteers at the moment, I phoned Ofsted regarding CRBs, the chap said, its not a legal requirement just good practice but we wouldnt be in trouble if we didnt.