Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snack Time Tablemats

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

We asked all the children to do a handprint on a piece of paper with their own symbol at the top of the page and a little poem all about handprints. This was laminated and we use it everyday in place of plates at snack time. However we have a problem with storage - let me explain.

We need some way of the children accessing these tablemats before they sit down at the table. We use a trolley to serve the food on but this comes up to the room after the children have sat down at the table (our kitchen is not in the same room as the playroom but down the hallway). We were thinking of something along the lines of a rack that could sit in its own right on a table but it would need to be sturdy enough to cope with a bit of pushing and shoving as well as being large enough to have say 4 A4 paper sized tablemats at the top with another 4 below and a third set of 4 below that again. Hope I am making myself clear - what does everyone else use at snack time?

We also have laminated tablemats, but ours are A5 and they live on their side in a basket, children flip through them to find their own. They pick theirs out and get a cup and go to the table

Ours are also A5 size and we put out the children that are in that day on a table, they then find their one and put it at a space at the table before washing their hands. When not in use they are all kept in a small basket.

Kris

Hi, we peg ours up on a long net curtain line, with pegs.

Works well, doesn't take up space, and the children can find their own names.

All you need is somewhere to push in 2 hooks.

ours are also laminated, and we 'blu tack' them to the wall near the snack table. they find theirs on the wall, take it down and put on the table. after session they are all put away in plastic wallet till next day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)