Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fair Rent !

Hi there ,

We are a small preschool in the grounds of a school. We rent the mobile classroom we use and the rent includes all fuel / power and the school bears repair costs etc. We are expecting a rent increase ... would any of you be happy to share what you pay per session / hour or term so we can evaluate if we are underpaying currently ? We pay £350 per term, we are open 8 to 4 each day except Mondays. Most grateful for any input.

Claire

We pay £15 per hour I pay £525 per week. Open from 9 til 3.30 but pay from 8.30. it is going up next year to £550 a week. we don't pay anything else on top. We are registered for 52 children if we weren't we could afford the rent. We charge £4 per hour to parents, but our Free Entiltement grant is only £3.17 per hour per child. it is going down from this year £3.44

Hope that helps to put in perspective

Claire, it sounds to me like you have a really good deal! They meet all the outgoings on the building, for £350 per term?? I am paying £3,200 per year at the moment, that does include heating and I don't have to do any repairs as it's not my building and I think my rent is pretty cheap! ( and we're a small setting too, max 20 places)

At th moment we pay £612 per term, £24 per session.

We open for 2.5 hours but need the hall for 3 hours to set up and put away (actually more than that but thats what what we pay for)

Edited by Rea

I am in a village hall and we currently pay £16 per day. We are open 9am-3pm

We currently pay £212-50 per week to a private landlord (part of a gym) open 9-3 for 48 weeks of the year - all included.

Thankyou all so much for your replies ..i thought our rent was very fair..this really helps set the scene for our future budgeting and pricing and what rent we may be apporached for. Much appreciated..

claire