Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sikhism Topic

hi,

just think ahead.. I teach RE in a faith school, but for one week soon we are concentrating on Sikhism for a week.

does anyone have any good ideas of resources, websites to give the children an effective snapshot ??? cant really find anything on here

many thanks :o

Childs Eye view have a dvd which has a short section on it covering the changing of the Nishan Sahib (Sikh flag) on Vaisakhi Day

they are good DVDs , its a long time since I watched this one but think they usually have ideas on things to do on them as well...

Childs Eye View Festivals 2

order from here and you have a chance of previewing it and returning if it is not suitable

thats great thank you but not sure if we have any money for dvds xD

any other ideas out there that have worked ? have ordered some books from library, but feel out of my depth and want to make it relevant and understandable (as well as fun of course) for kids. just not sure how to pitch it for them ???

many thanks :o

sorry i mean when we were studying Diwali we made diva pots (sorry if spelling incorrect), for Islam week another teacher came to talk to them. For Judaism week the children tried some special foods Is there anything similar we could do for Sikhism to make it more of a real experience for them (they are Reception)??

Many thanks :o

• 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)