Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ucas! Referee Needed!

kristina

Quick question I am applying through UCAS for my Foundation Degree and I have completed everything except my reference! This is my problem the criteria states no friends, relatives or family and the person show know you academically of profesionally which is fair enough, they suggest present employer or tutor.

I own and run my own setting and I assume I can't write my own reference!! The last course was my NVQ 3 which is at the college where I am applying for my Foundation Degree so tutor would be a conflict of interest I assume, and as I left school in 1985 my Head Teacher probably doesn't remember me (that's if he's still with us!!). My PLA development officer has said she will provide a reference but it will be factual for example how long she has known me she isn't aloud to put anything about quality of work etc in so dont think that is what they are looking for!

So anyone who has applied through UCAS who do you put down for a reference?

Kris

When I had to make a recent application through UCAS I realised that if you put the title "colleague" in the relationship to box it will allow the application (I had to do all mine online). I would suggest a member of your staff and name them as this. They may well be a friend also but they are acting as a colleague in this respect so it should be fine. And I would also check about your tutor even though they are going to potentially be the tutor for this course too as they may well be allowed to be used as they are being asked for their professional opinion of you.

As we are based in a school we work very closely with the reception teacher and she has agreed to do it!! So hopefully fingers crossed I will soon be able to send my application off even though the closing date was the 15th January!!

Kris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)