Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Review

I haven't heard any news of progress or whether the FSP is staying

In relation to EYP and the continued funding I read that format of EYP is due to change and changes will take account of the EYFS review results 'due in the spring 2011' and the first EYP pathways under the new scheme are expected to start in January 2012

I think i read it in nursery world :o

I've heard that with the National Curriculum the govt is goiung more subject and content based rather than skill-based and creative curriculum - is this going to be happening in the EYFS too? Or are we confident that planning from children's interests will continue to be valued? Just wondering as currentlty working on introducing this idea with my team in my new school, but it will be really challenging, so don't want to have to undo all the hard work shortly afterwards!

It's very frustrating, I feel it has taken us since 2008 to really pin down our practice with the eyfs, will not be amused if too much is changed!!!!!

Sue, unless you're talking about another review, the EYFS consultation conducted by Dame Clare Tickell was carried out between July and September 2010, and the results are due to be published in March. Sadly it's too late to respond now!

We are told that we will be consulted on any proposed changes when the results of the review are released this spring, so we will hopefully still have opportunities to voice our opinions before the new documentation is finalised.

In terms of what its saying Ive heard many things, so its tricky to pull out what it and what what isn't happening.

I have heard that there will be adaptations to current EYFS, not large changes or a new framework. I hope this is accurate as we need time to fully get to grips with EYFS before it is changed completely. Also I quite like a lot of it!

Hmm, that would make sense as that is what we're told at SENCO training - if children are faltering in these areas there is more cause for concern than the others.

Just quoting, don't take issue, please!!

Sue

Hmm, that would make sense as that is what we're told at SENCO training - if children are faltering in these areas there is more cause for concern than the others.

Just quoting, don't take issue, please!!

Sue

Yes I work with SEN children and find that they are the core area's we need to concentrate on

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)