Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Other Job

As well as being a childminder and supporting new childminders, I am also an Independent Trader for Phoenix cards. If anyone wants to look at our lovely stock my trader website is

www.phoenix-trading.eu/web/charlotteandpeteroliver

I can give a 10% discount to anyone from here who orders. Also, get in touch if you want to chat about using Phoenix to raise money for your setting or for a cause you support.

C

Hi Charlotte -

We don't really allow promotion of a member's own products on the FSF - a policy we had to introduce after being almost deluged at one point with posts from new members who simply wanted to advertise their own products and services.

Having said that, I'll leave this post in place - partly because you've posted in the lounge and obviously therefore are mainly just letting other established members know - and partly because your cards service has nothing to do with the early years.

I've also edited your link which had an incorrect spelling of phoenix, so was leading to a dead page.

Goodness I'm being nice today aren't I? I'm not setting a precedent, however, and I'm sure I'm going to get told off by the moderators! :o

Another forum I go on (absolutley nothing to do with EY) has a page for selling and advertising that can only be accessed by supporters (its free to join). Obviously with so many LEAs paying the subscription that would be difficult but would such a page be possible? I have nothing to sell except a frivolous purchase that now sits in my cupboard (!) so have no agenda, just a thought really. :o

Black Doc Martins with gold glittery flowers on that are a size too small so gave me pins and needles in my toes when I wore them in the house for 15 minutes. Other than that I've never, ever been able to wear them. I was caught up in the moment and just had to buy them.

No problem lolo - hope you get some visitors to your card site with this post anyway.

Rea - actually we do allow one-off items, such as the recent community playthings item that a setting found surplus to requirements. It's just that there was an incredible increase in the number of sites supplying early years products, planning resources and other things about three years ago, and we just had to come up with a policy decision. If you look at the FSF you'll see no banner ads or other forms of advertising which was a deliberate decision right from back in 2003. And so we have to be pretty hard line about everything now.

But I have been thinking about an Exchange and Mart type of section for stuff such as yours, which is not really commercial. I just need to check that we won't be liable for non-arrival of money/products etc...

Ahh Dr Martens boots! I once had a pair of black steel toe cap boots (boots were always better than the shoes). They were a size too small but looked amazing and totally finished off my indie look but alas they got the better of me, no matter how hard I wished I couldn't make them fit......

They sound fab! Might just fight her for them! xD

So Rea, what size are they?

Ooh, I hope they're MY size.... I could do with a pair after my daughter "borrowed" (ahem!!) my lovely metallic silver pair AND has her beady eye on my DM sandals for the summer :o

Nona

I really wished surgery was available to make my feet smaller.

I fell in love with them and now they sit in their box in a dark cupboard, their beauty hidden, their gold untarnished, their crape soles forever clean. xD

A reminder if ever one was needed that a fool and her money are soon parted. :o

Ooh, I won't be bidding either Rea. Although she would absolutely love them, she's a size 6 (at 13! She's also 5'10" and likely to overtake me in height within the next year if she doesn't slow down!).

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a home for them though - they look great!

I WANT!!!!!

However, since my bunion surgery, although I have beautiful straight feet I have mysteriously increased to a size 5 (left foot)and a 5 1/2 (right foot) ! So alas, not for me, I fear :o

I am now off into town to find some!!!!!

Sue

Update - if anyone's interested :o - a totally wasted route march through the shops of fair Nottingham City!

I suppose you bought them YEARS ago? So I'm going to have to sulk about it and make do with my silver sequinned Converse ... sigh!

Sue

I bought them probably 12 months ago Sue in a sale at Oasis in Brum (not the high street Oasis). I have seen them on one web site at £89.99. Gold and black Doc's

If you read this Nona as soon as I can remember to buy the parcel tape theybe on their way. I have a head like a seive.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

Is it wrong of me to hope they arrive on a school day so I can try them while Lex is out of the house? Does that make me a mean Mummy? :o

Nona

Oh I know that sort of mommy. xD

I once bought a dress with money that was earmarked for two feather duvets for the lads. They werent amused with their polyester subsitutes, but I have prepared them to deal with lifes disappointments. :o

I'll post them tomorrow

Edited by Rea