Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Physical Activities For 3 Year Olds

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

We are looking for ideas of physical activities for 3 year olds which we can do outside ie throwing balls etc We do have "free activities" such as the climbing frame and slides but are looking for things to do as a group - there will only be half a dozen children at a time so something simple.

my childrens favourite at the moment is the bean game (good for listening skills!)

the leader calls the name of the bean and the group follow the insructions we normally start with three varieties and build up numbers and speed as they get the idea.

there is an endless list but here are a few

Jelly bean...wobble

string bean... stand really tall with your hands in the air

Jumping bean...jump!

broad bean....do star jump

baked bean...curl up into a ball

french bean...shout ooh la la!

mexican bean.... do the mexican hat dance...

etc etc etc

for older children you can also add beans on toast where they run to a desinated area and stay there together...not advisable with the younger ones unless you want loads of head injuries!

Guest terrydoo73
my childrens favourite at the moment is the bean game (good for listening skills!)

the leader calls the name of the bean and the group follow the insructions we normally start with three varieties and build up numbers and speed as they get the idea.

there is an endless list but here are a few

Jelly bean...wobble

string bean... stand really tall with your hands in the air

Jumping bean...jump!

broad bean....do star jump

baked bean...curl up into a ball

french bean...shout ooh la la!

mexican bean.... do the mexican hat dance...

etc etc etc

for older children you can also add beans on toast where they run to a desinated area and stay there together...not advisable with the younger ones unless you want loads of head injuries!

Thank you that sounds great - I think I will use just 4 out of this as my children are a bit young to understand too many instructions!

Ah 'Beans' is a real favourite for us too!

We add 'runner beans' to that list - run on the spot

And frozen beans - shiver!!!

I have played this with my group - ages 2.5 - 4 for years have never found any having trouble to 'keep up'!!! :o

Guest terrydoo73

We opened our playgroup on Monday past and put out a couple of baskets - balls, bean baps, egg and spoons, rope, hoops, skittles and bowling ball. We put up a laundry basket along one fence with the bottom cut out so that the children can throw it up and into. The children have also access to a Little Tikes climbing/slide frame and they have loved all the resources available. There has been lots of running, throwing, climbing, sliding etc but just wondered should we continue doing this every day or should we change to a different set of activities or focus on games? We were thinking of Simon Says but our children have just turned the 3 mark. We do have a parachute which we could use with a ball in the centre to see if they can let it rise and fall. There are a maximum of 6 children using the outdoor space each day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)