Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Room Dividers

I remember seeing a 'roller blind' type thing, that fixed to the wall which could be pulled out and clipped to the opposite wall to create a room divider, but i can't remember where :oxD

Has anyone got or seen these and can point me in the right direction??

Hi Lucy

We have been looking for the same sort of thing. We decided to use long drapes we already have and hang them from the ceiling to save us money. The drapes are then folded back up when we do not need them. The drapes have numbers, shape, people from around the world etc on them so they are also used as a teaching tool.

I have seen lots of wooden and plastic room dividers that cost between £300 and £600 and would take up a lot of storage space.

Sorry I havent answered your question but I would also be interested to see how much the 'roller blind' room dividers cost.

Carol

A suggestion from an early years advisor was to use a sheet to make a room divider. Hung on a wood curtain rail made in curtain tab top form. She thought the children could be involved in tie-dying the material. Haven't done it but it sounded like a good idea and not too expensive.

Angela

being a pre-school and using a church hall we had to work out how to divide part of the hall and use curtains on a pole hung form the ceiling, they are easy to pull back and put to each side when not in use. It was cheaper to buy the complete curtains in ikea than use sheets or bought material, their poles were cheap too.

we also use plastic room dividers from SbS (step by step- www.sbs-educational.co.uk)...Play panels, they can be used in several ways and do not take up much room for storage. we have them attached to the wall with the wall attachment and it just folds back against the wall when not in use. you buy by the panel so cost depends on size you want.(They have several others, some you can hang on the wall when not in use. )

Inge

gate2.bmpgate1.bmpFlicking through my hundreds of catalogues this evening, trying to find some unusual resources, I suddenly found something that I think might be "Along the right lines"

Great Little Trading Company have something that might be of interest.

www.gltc.co.uk

It's a Kiddyguard Safety Gate (G5222) but it costs £54.99

This ingenious stair gate works on the same principle as a roller blind when not needed, it disappears from view, leaving no horizontal bar to trip over. Simple to open and shut (even one-handed) with an automatic locking mechanism. Ideal for the top of stairs or any other place where a bar may prove dangerous can withstand impact of 100kg. Easy to mount; will fit any opening up to 130cmW. Designed to be fixed to a solid support; screws and rawlplugs supplied.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)