Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fizzbook

Hi everyone.

I thought i would ask all you lovelies if anyone out there uses a Fizzbook within their classroom with/without children?

My head ordered one for me to use and i have had a play with it and it looks great takes photos/video you can use it as a touch screen and write on but not sure how i am going to use it to enhance my assessment/recording of observations ???!!!

Just would like any help on how you use yours

thank you

XX

Thank you yes sorry should have probably said what it was but not really sure myself other than a lovely heavy duty netbook that has a rotating camera, mic built in pen for touch screen and operating on windows 7. You can turn the screen so it lays flat. When i was speaking to the head i was looking for ways to help me with observations and recording and something that would link to Target Tracker (what we use for the profile) so we were not putting information in twice.

Sounds very good and quite robost - certainly more practicable than earlier tablet PCS. I have an idea for this in school and will pass on the link to my colleagues.

Certainly looks better then trying to use proper laptops you hope the children won't drop on the way to/from the laptop storage trolley! :o

I think you are looking for some formulated software but something I do in my small operation might be interesting to you.

I 'tag' everything with the child's name and the areas that work is evidence for. That way multimedia work is accessible in files for each child and also each learning area or standard. Care needs to be taken when setting up names for each tag so that they can be applied easily. For Data Protection purposes the files should be stored on external drives which are locked away.

I'm sure there is some ideal software out there though. Hope someone knows about it.

Honey

I had a play with one of these the other day and spoke at length with my head about them. They are swanky bits of kit. Great for taking sneeky photos but the mic is poor and the children literally need to have it in their mouth for you to hear it when played back. You would have to attach an external mic.

I would never use one to attach photos and audio to target tracker, as my learning journeys have photos in them, they are in the classroom and the children love looking through them and we send them home. A school was recently slated for having digital learning journeys like this as the children cannot readily access them.

The only thing I would use it for is to update target tracker more often and on the job, rather than having a paper record and transferring it to target tracker every half term. Ideal for small group work, as you can select the children and update their profile there and then.

The question that I keep asking myself is "will a fizz book be of benefit to the children? Will me having one enhance their provision?" Not sure on that!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)