Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recently Retired Ready To Share Experience And Train.

Hi,

I realize this is a busy time of year, but as I am retiring after Christmas after a almost lifetime in teaching I thought about sharing my experience and ideas.I would love to offer training to other settings.

Does anyone have any ideas about where I could advertise? Are there any other members doing this sort of thing?

My main areas of interest are in Outdoor Play, Sensory Ideas and all areas of Creative Development. with all ages and stages of the Foundation stage. I also have pleaty of training experience.

Would love some feedback.

Thanks Sunshine :o

Congratulations on your retirement, sunshine!

Why not start with your Local Authority? I'm sure they're always looking for new trainers.

Good luck with your new venture!

hi sunshine

sounds really good and i am sure you will have lots of people wanting your expertise. will be better than lots of the courses i have attended i am sure (lol)

where are you based?

good luck on the retirement (or should i say semi-retirement x

Hi ,

I'm based in the Manchester area so if anyone around that area and within a wider area want my training. Please let me know.

Not too sure if I can give out details on this site though? :o

Sunshine

I don't know how far it would be for you to travel but I know Lancashire had a group of trainers who would be LA advisors but they were set up in a different way so they were self employed contractors I think. They operated mainly from a training base in Chorley and they might be worth contacting to see if they are still operating that way. I also received a flyer from someone trying to set up as an independent trainer simply listing their areas of expertise and offering to tailor make training for settings. I am certainly interested in things like this if I can find the money. Oh and I'm near Manchester too, just need to find some spare cash!

Hi Sunshine and welcome to the club! ( retirement)

I retired in August and have set up my own consultancy as well as found work with a couple of other agencies who deliver training that I am passionate about. I did go on a training session with my union called Thinking of going Independent and it was very useful.

I adsvertised on this forum as they have a training section and I also emailed and sent fliers out to all schools in the three LAs nearest to my home.

Start phoning or contacting people in your area and you will soon find some contacts.

Good luck it is great to share your expertise with others and there is a neal need!

Lorna

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Sunshine and welcome to the club! ( retirement)

I retired in August and have set up my own consultancy as well as found work with a couple of other agencies who deliver training that I am passionate about. I did go on a training session with my union called Thinking of going Independent and it was very useful.

I adsvertised on this forum as they have a training section and I also emailed and sent fliers out to all schools in the three LAs nearest to my home.

Start phoning or contacting people in your area and you will soon find some contacts.

Good luck it is great to share your expertise with others and there is a neal need!

Lorna

If you wanted to go further afield, I am involved in training in Swaziland and South Africa. The need over here is great.

If you wanted to go further afield, I am involved in training in Swaziland and South Africa. The need over here is great.

Gill759 that is something I may do I have some committments here in the near future but will definately look into it!

Lorna

Outdoor play, sensory ideas and creative development are the areas we would like training on, Sunshine. Unfortunately, i am in West Sussex - but if anyone knows of any training in my area, then please could you let me know.

Good luck with your new venture and congratualtions on your retirement, Sunshine.

Sue J

There is a training section in the Resources area where people have listed courses on a variety of subjects over the coming months. There are some interesting ones on offer at the moment, and a link where you can email Louise with the details of the course so that she can add it to the listing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)