Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

All-in-one Aprons

Hi thought I'd see if anyone new of any good all-in-one type waterproof aprons for babies and toddlers. After a recent move to the baby room and introducing freeplay in the arts and crafts/messy area, ive noticed that our aprons are just no good for toddlers having a good old splash in the water tray or creating a masterpiece with paint and glue on paper and themselves :o

Our slightly older children use these http://www.kidsplaywear.co.uk/ which are brilliant but we are still having to change socks and trousers everyday on the younger children...

Ive found these http://www.thechildmindingshop.co.uk/all-i...rall-1771-p.asp however they have no toddler sizes in stock xD

Even if anyone knows of any all-in-one rain suit type things that arent too expensive and can tell me where they got them from, I would really appreciate it! Thank you :)

Those second ones are a good price - aren't they! Have you tried contacting the company to see when they're back in stock? I wonder how waterproof they are though - it does say 'fine weather' which could tend to mean that they're not particularly waterproof. I'm sure someone had some waterproof clothing links on here once - I'll have a hunt about

They sure are, im ordering a couple of the 6-12 months just to see how big they are and how waterproof they are too, also emailing to beg for some of the bigger ones if these are any good. The price is too good not too!! Even if theyre not waterproof, they'll still be great for painting and other messy stuff! :)

If you are using them for paint and other messy things presumably they will need frequent washing? That would destroy any water proof quality they have quite quickly. They are a good cover over but I wouldn't rely on them protecting from saturation by fluids-thin paint or water

I have found the same problem. Changing wet clothes isn't usually a problem as they have spares but we rarely have spare shoes. Putting children in wellies is one option or I have made my own aprons (due to there being nothing suitable on the market). I made them out of plastic table cloths and I have put a large pocket at the bottom to catch the water and I have lined it with a thin strip of sponge/or J-cloth. I also made it with no sleeves as I found the ones that cover up the sleeves let water in. I also made it so that children could put them on themselves and fastened at the front.

• 5 months later...

Would just like to update this post by saying we DID order these aprons and they are excellent!! Well worth the money and most can be rolled up etc to fit if too big due to their being no smaller sizes in stock. Would definatly recommend!!

Might have to look into getting adult sized ones for staff!! :)

post-31726-1304719353_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1304719652_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1304720045_thumb.jpg

Edited by silvermakeup

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)