Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Plumbing

Anyone a plumber? Live with one? Or know what goes on under their sink?

Hopefully the pic will upload properly.

My problem is: ringed pipe in photo, I think a dishwasher connected to. We don't have one and notice all waste water from sink pours out of it.

Do I need to buy a cap to screw onto it or is a new fixing needed?post-21681-1290975599_thumb.jpg

I hope someone can help!

thanks

ppp

Heheee

I don't see dishwashers as a treat as you have to rinse off plates etc before putting them in so you may as well wash them by hand!

Went to Focus today, but bought wrong thing. Not sure what I'm looking for. Tried searching online but no joy.

However, may have just found the right part - good old ebay

Edited by Guest

Heheee

I don't see dishwashers as a treat as you have to rinse off plates etc before putting them in so you may as well wash them by hand!

Well actually you only need to scrape them. if you pre rinse they stop being time and water saving!

Dishwashing and Water Conservation: An Opportunity for Environmental Education

Abstract

Technological advances have continued to improve the cleaning and water efficiency of automatic dishwashers. However, research indicates consumers waste water and energy during the dishwashing process through their actions and decisions. To gain more current information on consumer dishwasher usage, a major university conducted a kitchen usage study that asked questions about dishwashing. The study found that consumers use water unnecessarily by pre-rinsing dishes at the sink before placing them into the dishwasher. Numerous factors underlie this behavior. It seems clear that consumer education about proper dishwashing procedures is needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't rinse off before putting in dishwasher... only run it once a day at most... sometimes every other day if we have one pot meals.. really does save on hot water and does save water overall.. just need lots of crockery etc.. as it may be 2 days worth of mugs, plates etc.. would not be without mine.. we are on economy 7 electricity so run it overnight and makes it even cheaper to use..

Inge

Ok, that's me told. Only used other peoples dishwashers and told to rinse plates so food won't clog up the pipes.

I don't have room for one any more though - the fridge has moved into it's space.

Ok, that's me told. Only used other peoples dishwashers and told to rinse plates so food won't clog up the pipes.

I don't have room for one any more though - the fridge has moved into it's space.

Sorry didn't mean to "tell you off" just inform that dishwashers will only do their part for the planet if used sensibly.

I think it also depends on the age of the dishwasher some newer ones are advertised as no rinse necessary.

Just thought:- I know some human "dishwashers" that you really do need to rinse the plates for :o