Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessment In Nursery

HELP! xD

I am teaching in an International School setting that follows the foundation Stage curriculum. We are trying to look at how we assess and record the assessments of children in our Nursery and Reception. As an 8 form entry school this needs to be completely consistent and easy to use! Please could you offer any examples of good practice that you already use.

Thanks a bunch

Jen :o

Hi Jen -

First of all, welcome to the Forum and thanks for your first post! :D

I'm not quite clear if you're asking this question as part of an NVQ3 (as you've posted it in the NVQ area) or if you just have a purely practical question you need answering?

In any event, we put together quite a detailed article with downloadable forms and templates for observation assessment and recording some time ago - you can find that by clicking this link. Hope it helps, but do come back and ask further questions while you're developing your own system! :)

Hi Jen,

Welcome to the forum :)

Do you have a system in place now, or are you starting from scratch? Are there particular difficulties you have with your current practice of observing/assessment/recording/planning?

hi Jen and welcome! :D

We are, of course, also using the Foundationstage Profile as a statutory assessment although only the reporting of the scores in each curriculum scale is obligatory. The actual methods of recording are optional although an evidence base is required. You can find more about that at www.qca.org.uk, if you are not aware of this.

Wow,

How welcoming!

The school I teach at is in singapore. We are not doing the foundation Stage Profile as it is not compulsory for us too. At present there are very detailed assessment systems in place for Literacy and Numeracy as these areas are a main drive in the upper school and this has filtered down to the EYS. I am a head of curriculum in the school and am trying to work with foundation stage to improve how the record and track the children's progress in the other areas of learning. ( creative, K & U, physical and PSHE) I was really looking for any working examples that you may use in your setting.

I have examples from Liverpool LEA ( I used to teach there) but was hoping for some others from around the UK.

I am 7 hours ahead of you lot so it will look like my post is in the middle of the night!!!

Jen :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)