Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sparklebox

No I've not heard this - I wonder how we'd go about finding it out? I personally don't like generic stuff so didn't really use it and consequently don't miss it, but I know there's people who'd be really keen to find out.

I havn't heard about sparklebox but we have been using resources from www.twinkl.co.uk since no longer being allowed to use sparklebox it has most of the things that sparklebox had and is free and I prefer the graphics. It is a new company run by teachers and resources are being added all the time.

A check of who owns the domain name reveals that Samuel King is still the registered owner of www.sparklebox.co.uk.

A quick edit to say that the owner of www.sparklebox2.co.uk is listed as Samuel Kinge, but with a different home address.

A check of who owns the domain name reveals that Samuel King is still the registered owner of www.sparklebox.co.uk.

Thank you Happy Maz. I have not missed Sparklebox but needed to get my facts straight before highlighting at a staff meeting for staff who are under the impression it is now being run by someone else.

S

Edited by Sharon

It is worrying for practitioners who just don't know what to do for the best, and in the absence of any 'official' information I think the rumour mill often goes into overdrive. Has your local authority offered any advice?

It is worrying for practitioners who just don't know what to do for the best, and in the absence of any 'official' information I think the rumour mill often goes into overdrive. Has your local authority offered any advice?

Once it all came to light Suffolk took it off all networked computers and restricted it's access, we told staff at my school to remove the sparklebox name off existing displays etc and to replace as soon as possible. This has happened and most staff removed straight away however this nre rumour .... but I have nipped it in the bud to ensure it doesn't creep back into school again.

S

Thanks, SazzJ. I had seen this article before, but personally I don't think this is a cast iron guarantee that the individual is no longer involved in the website, especially since it would appear that no new resources were posted onto the website whilst he was in prison. Now that he has been released there is activity again and new resources are appearing. In my searches I also found Sparklebox Australia which would appear to be a new venture, but which in any case directs the user back to the UK website.

Thank you for posting that link - I think each individual practitioner and each setting must come to their own conclusions and decide upon a course of action they feel comfortable with with regard to their future use of the website.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)