Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Incident Follow Up

alis2son

Hi guys,

I was wondering when you fill out an incident report, the idea is usually that something needs to be put in place to prevent the incident re-occuring, so what do you do to record what you put in place? Does anyone have any examples before I reinvent the wheel?

Thanks,

Ali

Hi we have an incident book which we log details in, nature of incident, who dealt with it and signature, but it really does depend on what the incident is.

Ours is just a lined exercise book kept in an incident folder one page per incident.

Hope that may help. :o

We have single page sheet which details the incident, the immediate response and the longer term one. We also have a section for the manager and parent (it is usually connected to a child) to sign to ay they have discussed the incident and are happy with the outcome. The long term response might then be put on the setting action plan. We file these with our complaints record even though they are not strictly complaints.

We have a really good incident form, my problem is, when you write the incident up, if there is an expected follow up, for example that you will update your risk assessment, where do you write that? i write it in the detail of the incident form as my response, but i dont think that seems very good practice to leave it at that, surely it would need to be recorded as an action somewhere with a date that it was implemented?

Ali

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)