Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspection Self Assessment

Hi everyone,

I have devised an assessment form including all performance criteria / aspects, of the areas we are required to self assess for inspection.

Being Healthy

Staying Safe

Enjoying and Achieving

Making a positive contribution

Achieving economic well-being

Some you may not feel are relevant to your setting, but I hope you find it useful.

I shall be asking all my staff to complete it because;

1. their knowledge is valuable towards self- assessment. and

2. It will help prepare them for inspection

( alongside having to know and impliment the 14 Standards, Foundation Stage Curriculum and Birth to Three Matters documentation)

Peggy.

OFSTED_SELF_ASSESSMENT.xls

post-58-1113252057_thumb.jpgWow Peggy !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that - looks like it will be really useful - especially as you say for discussing with the other staff. I have to admit to not having read this booklet yet - am not trying to avoid it - just that this holiday I have tried to have a break from paperwork. (Mind you, going back to work tomorrow so guess who's panicking now!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks again and here's a little pic. just for you!

Guest Beryl

Thanks Peggy, these are excellent!

I will show them to our supervisor, I think they would be useful for us. Even looking through them is very thought-provoking!

Just looking at it in more detail.

Your Section 5 is called "Acheiving economic well-being"

On my self-assessment form section 5 is "How effective is your organisation of childcare?". Do you have the same self-evaluation form as me?

Carolyn

Thanks so much Peggy, the attachment is great :D

I photocopied the actual questionnaire and asked staff to complete to get a rough idea of where they thought the nursery was.

The majority of staff ticked 'outstanding' for most questions which i found quite disheartening, i felt that either they simply couldn't be bothered or they thought they were providing a top class standard, when we all know there is room for improvement.

I will now use your examples to explain to them exactly what i was hoping to achieve through the exercise and hopefully get some constructive feedback in which i can build on.

Thanks again :D

Hi Peggy,

I have'nt recieved mine yet. I would be interested to look at your attachement but am unable to open it, not sure why.

angie

First of all, thanks very much Peggy for posting this for us all - what an excellent document!

Hmm. I was able to open the document perfectly well - I'm not sure why Rea and angie can't open it (well maybe I've a suspicion why Rea can't open it... :D ) but I think it must be to do with your local setup. Are you both using Excel on your local pcs? I'm using Excel 2000 so it's not a new copy - how about you two?

Lastly, just to let you know - we'll be publishing an article on Risk Assessment in the next couple of days with a couple of risk assessment forms. Hopefully it will complement this document pretty well! :)

Carolyn C,

I've taken the information from the attachments Poshprincess put on the Are you ready for inspection topic. I have all my other paperwork at work, but what you say rings a bell from my quick glance at what I received through the post from Ofsted, and I did feel that the section 5 was more relevant to over 5 yrs into adulthood, so maybe Ofsted adjusted it to be more relevant to under 5's providers. Thanks for pointing it out to me I really want to be fully prepared for Inspection.

Angie88 & Rea, It is an excel document, I don't understand technical stuff

either, maybe steve can help.

I shall try and transfer it to word as we still have unlimited attachment space ( yipee). They might be 5 seperate attachments though.

Peggy

Steve, you posted whilst I was writing!!!!.

Look forward to the risk assessment form, Mind you all this paperwork is great, but when will I have time to put my pen down and put it all into practice :o

Peggy

Dear Rea

I also had problems late yesterday but I managed to go straight in today so maybe it was a glitch in the system and not a glitch with your computer ability!! Many thanks to Peggy for putting this up - as you say when I get time I will manage to get all my paperwork which is lurking around my printer, sideboard, shelves, boxes etc into some sort of order, I may even look to filling some of it in - but there again probably not.

Look forward to seeing the risk assessment Steve - annual review of my policies and procedures so it may just come in useful.

Nikki

Thank you Helen for that. I have had a quick glance and it looks pretty comprehensive. Good timing too as our annual review is due next month!!

Linda

Thanks Peggy and Steve,

Peggy I can now see the info. It's excellent. Thank you

Steve, you're right It's excel. Need a new computer!!!

Angie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

New to the site, so bee gentle :o

Have just downloaded the Ofsted stuff, many thanks, fairly new to pre-school so this will help loads

Thanks

Aunty Ruby

Hi everyone,

I have devised an assessment form including all performance criteria / aspects, of the areas we are required to self assess for inspection.

Being Healthy

Staying Safe

Enjoying and Achieving

Making a positive contribution

Achieving economic well-being

Some you may not feel are relevant to your setting, but I hope you find it useful.

I shall be asking all my staff to complete it because;

1. their knowledge is valuable towards self- assessment. and

2. It will help prepare them for inspection

( alongside having to  know and impliment the 14 Standards, Foundation Stage Curriculum and Birth to Three Matters documentation)

Peggy.

29124[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...

Peggy - did you get a chance to check up on section 5 yet? Or have I got a different form than everyone else :o

Carolyn

Dear Peggy

Thank you so much for sharing this and for transferring it into word - needn't go into how I passed the NOF training without understanding a thing about excel!!!

Can't even figure out how to give you a pretty picture - I did try!

Ruthanne

I think I need to include a section ( and possibly call it section 5) on leadership and management, but haven't got round to it yet.

This is more relevant to us than the section 5 discussed although as Sue R says it is useful to consider.

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peggy - am printing off all your stuff for my attention during the 1/2 term hols!!!!!

As I said before - it's brilliant and thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I won't ask about section 5 as you've already been so helpful, but just need to ask you - did you get your info. from Ofsted publication

2447b (Are you ready for your inspection - a guide to inspection of childcare and nursery eduction conducted by ofsted - long version) or were you looking at something else Ofsted has published ????

Many thanks

janice :o

Hi Janice,

I'd like to take credit and say I thought it all up myself :( but then I would be stretching the truth somewhat. :(

I did get it from the Ofsted site and it could possibly be the number 2447b although not sure. :oxD

What criteria do you think I should use for Leadership and management? I know this is an area of the inspection that Inspectors will have quite some emphasis on. ( don't ask me how I know, it's just something my mind keeps telling me :( )

With your experience you can make up some pointers for me to evaluate, monitor and develop in my setting.

Peggy