Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Update On My Charity Commission Incident

Rea

I sent all the paperwork the man asked for by the date he asked for it, October 14th and then didnt hear a thing.

Our AGM is next week, we have 7 nominations and a treasurer who works for a company who help businesses to claim grants. So if nothing else this episode has shown me that if people are poked hard enough with a big enough stick, anything can happen. :(

I've been checking our details on the CC web site but nothing had changed until today...all our details have been updated, includng the constitution we are working with, which I take to mean they have understood the roles the 2 staff members were doing and why. :(:( An email would have been nice, you know to stop the palpitations!! :o

I havent got the bottle to phone up though, so for now, this is my official goodbye to the CC, they will NOT be hearing from me again.

xD

Grrrr!! They just don't realise how much these things affect people! Glad it's over for you Rea

"They will NOT be hearing from me again." LOL! Don't blame you after what you have been through.

If you could rewind time and set up the group again, would you choose the status you have or go down a limited company/private business route?

If you could rewind time and set up the group again, would you choose the status you have or go down a limited company/private business route?

Very surprisingly I didnt have to think long for the answer to that.

If it was up to me I think I'd keep it as it is, on balance. Its been running for over 40 years firstly with a handful of parents playing and giving out biscuits and then on through all the curriculums and frameworks and regualtions...blah, blah, blah :(

Over the years we've had some good times, meetings that turned into the giggles and lasted well after we should have been in bed, nights out with people who you normally see with a child attached to their hip, all dressed up as a woman not just someones mom, seeing which parents oculdnt hold their drink(!) committees who didnt do anything, committees who wanted to do too much. We've laughed probably more than we've cried I would say. I suppose thats why I stay :(

Possibly the madest, most insane thing I've ever said xD:(:o

:o Maybe it's time to write a book A Gervaise Phinn type look back at your experiences, anecdotes and those wonderful things children have said and parents and staff have done

Happy times :(

Thanks for replying xD

Hi Rea, glad it's all getting sorted out.

When they published that list of quangos to be abolished, I ran my eye repeatedly down the list to see if the charity commission were on it. Sadly not :o

I dont particulary mind there being a body who can oversee charities if they are there to help, but they seem to be 'jobworths' who just repeat laws without offering any real help and they certainly dont offer any empathy.

I'll go along with that!

If I had it to do over again I definitely wouldn't go this route, I'd set up as a sole trader. We were given duff information at the start and told we HAD to be part of the PSLA and CC, that's how we ended up here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)