Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recycling

I have just been inspired by an article on Countryfile this evening.

Plastic packaging used to package some fruit ( e.g. apples, pears) and frozen food packaging used for veg, chips etc.

In fact it's plastic bag packaging that if stretched doesn't break, can be recycled with plastic carrier bags!

If 50 people read this post and I have taught them something they didn't know, then I will be a happy ppp.

Thanks for reading!

ppp

I didnt know that.. now if only we had plastic bag reycling around here... used to be in a few supermarkets but they have all removed them , with the use of own bags they don't get many ,

asked why and reply was those who use the plastic bags reuse them at home or don't bother as they are the ones who don't have own bags so don't see a need... or something like that... as they don't use own bags recycling is not their priority...

Inge

Yes I saw that and it was so good to think that it can be rescued it only someone would! They also showed kitchen cupboard doors and a kitchen surface made from recycled materials.

I love Countryfile and this week I was really concerned about the way the cows were being farmed in America!

My local supermarkets are all pretty good at taking the carrier bags, and I shove in all the sweetcorn bags etc. Interestingly, I get a face wash from one (the supermarket's own) and that also says to recycle it in the in-store carrier bag recycling facility.

Now what can I do about a hubby that insists on plastic bags for one bulb of garlic or one parnsip...?

My husband would want a cure for buying reusable bags.. I just love the designs and styles... my Pudsey one is in constant use and when hubby went into hospital the nurse wanted it..

My car boot is full of shopping bags! along with the cool bags I use for shopping too...

( apart from the one the cat has decided to use as his bed.. must be warm in there!)

Inge

My husband would want a cure for buying reusable bags.. I just love the designs and styles... my Pudsey one is in constant use and when hubby went into hospital the nurse wanted it..

My car boot is full of shopping bags! along with the cool bags I use for shopping too...

( apart from the one the cat has decided to use as his bed.. must be warm in there!)

Inge

ohhh... you and me too!!!! (nice one from cancer research last week)

I'm driving my daugher mad with the amount I've got. Although my favorite by far for actual 'big shops' are the small 15p Ikea bags.

xx

Over 100 views! Marvellous!

I had a thought today, as you do, well I do occasionally - bread bags be the same category plastic as I described?

Definitely! And just the right size for a weeks worth of bags and to fit into the holder at the supermarket!