Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activity Ideas For Psrn

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any ideas how I can roll out PSRN activities across the setting please?

Were a small setting, children aged 2 to 4 years. The children have free play first thing and move between the two rooms as they feel free.

We do counting how many children are in etc, number rhymes and puzzles etc but really want to encourage it more in everyday play

Any ideas would be greatlt appreciated or even suggestions for websites please

many thanks

do you have sorting trays? Ours love sorting the dinosaurs/bears/coins etc into the trays. They love the magnetic shapes and the wooden mosaic shapes. We do weighing and measuring, count cars going past (How many red/green/blue etc), bobbin threading (Counting how many..)

do you have sorting trays? Ours love sorting the dinosaurs/bears/coins etc into the trays. They love the magnetic shapes and the wooden mosaic shapes. We do weighing and measuring, count cars going past (How many red/green/blue etc), bobbin threading (Counting how many..)

All of that! :o + currently 'my' children are enjoying 'sparkly, squishy numbers' on the light station and linking these to their counting i.e. they might count 8 conkers and then find the number 8, or they might find a number to link with numbers in a book - does that make sense?

We have shape card game that is very popular at the moment!

I have made some shapes from card and hole punched all round outside for the children to thread - they love this......

We have 'numbers on a washing line' this is part of our enabling environment/continuous provision and hangs across the wall at the back of our book corner........sometimes I will say "oh dear our numbers are all mixed up, can anyone put them right for me" - always works a treat! xD

Hope some of that helps!

Roll a six sided dice and put that many unifix cubes together, or thread that many beads to make a necklace. Put out numbers on the table, chn choose a number and get that manuy objects. Magnetic numbers left out to explore on a magnetic board.

will keep thinking

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)