Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do I Have To Offer Nursery Education

tomomini29

as a childminder i have a familiy who instead of sending there child to nusery were he would receive his free 15hrs would prefer to keep him with me until he is ready for reception class. does any one know if i have to offer nursery education? as gaining the 15hrs free childcare isnt an issue for them they just dont want his routine disturbed.

To get the free 15 hours you would need to become an accredited childminder.

however if the cost isnt relevant the child can stay with you,but as a childminder we have to deliver the EYFS to all children from birth to the end of reception class.

Are you receiving funding? If not then do you have to deliver the education side if his parents are happy with you?

Just wondered how it works for a childminder really!

CHildminders do have to deliver the EYFS in line with all other Early Years settings. That means meeting all of the statutory requirements and monitoring each child's progress against Development Matters.

Childminders do not have to offer the free 15 hours. They can do so if they choose to join an approved childminding network and become an accredited/advanced childminder but this is not required.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

If you are an accredited childminder it means you can access the government nursery education funding and therefore offer parents their free 15 hours in your setting ,

without being accredited we arent able to pick up this funding so the only way the child /parents can get their 15 hour free entitlement is with a nursery .

To be honest I think the only benefit for the childminder is that the parents could keep the child with them ratehr than moving setting to access the funding. From the little research I've done it appears that it doesn't cover costs and creates work for the childminder.

To be honest I think the only benefit for the childminder is that the parents could keep the child with them ratehr than moving setting to access the funding. From the little research I've done it appears that it doesn't cover costs and creates work for the childminder.

I am accredited childminder and offer the free entitlement to relevent children in my care, the parents benefit finacially. There is no financial benefit to me, to remain accredited I have to attend training sessions and network meetings and have monitoring visits. I deliver the eyfs to all the children in my care. Childminders do not have to become accredited but may lose business if they do not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)