Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ba

Hi I've Just started to do my BA , just asking if anyone else out there has done this or starting like me, any info on issues and context or words of wisdom.

Lynn

Hi

I'm just starting the 3rd year and feeling quite bemused by have several essays running at the same time, I'm hoping for a lightbulb moment soon........lol

Good luck to you

hello Lynn

I started BA this week too! I am feeling very panicky because we have been given 4 assignments on same night!!!

I intended to start straight away but so far have done nothing!!!!!!

I really dont know where to start-hopefully it will click soon?

Anyway good luck to you,unsworth

• 3 months later...
hello Lynn

I started BA this week too! I am feeling very panicky because we have been given 4 assignments on same night!!!

I intended to start straight away but so far have done nothing!!!!!!

I really dont know where to start-hopefully it will click soon?

Anyway good luck to you,unsworth

Hi

I have completed the BA ECS, take your time..research well and do plenty of reading. Try and plan out each assignment, work backwards if you find it easier and the the rest will follow. Enjoy and if I can help in any way please contact me and i will try and help. I still have all my old assignments on file :o

• 2 months later...
Hi

I have completed the BA ECS, take your time..research well and do plenty of reading. Try and plan out each assignment, work backwards if you find it easier and the the rest will follow. Enjoy and if I can help in any way please contact me and i will try and help. I still have all my old assignments on file :o

any info on children's rights regarding child labour or Inclusive practice particularly in relation to EAL

spent all weekend just dont seem to get every far! time running out

thanks

Hi

hi i am completing my BA and have an intense assignment which i dont understand at all it is society and schooling, has anyone got any tips for the assignment title "Critically reflect upon the extrinsic factors that influence scholastic achievement and analyze the connections with human capital theory 5000 words

i have to research human capital theory, social reproduction and correspondance theory for wednesay but i dont understand what they are

• 5 months later...
Hi I've Just started to do my BA , just asking if anyone else out there has done this or starting like me, any info on issues and context or words of wisdom.

Lynn

Hi Lynn

This week I begin the road/route of earning the title of Ba (HONS) Early Years. Any advice? Any ideas? Anything? lol

As you can see I am worried and I haven't even entered the room yet!

LOL

Hi

Hi

I begin my third year this week............unsure of what is ahead apart from hard work..............what assignments do you think I will have to complete............ PANIC doesnt sound enough a statement lol...............

Have just completed mine - bit of a mission to say the least - try to be organised - keep all your notes (and I do mean all of them as the one you throw out will be the one you want at 3am!)

If you get SML (student managed learning) try to make sure you do it and keep it and use it in your assignments.

Note all your sources - the one you want is the one you won't have remembered to write down - I used to type/copy what I wanted into a blank word document for each assignment and put the reference with it. I then saved all my research finds and notes into separate folders with the assignment name on the computer so that I could find them.

Loads of good and sound advice on here - try to visit for support

Forget any form of social life for a while :o

Lulu3654

"Critically reflect upon the extrinsic factors that influence scholastic achievement and analyze the connections with human capital theory 5000 words

Have you thought about the obvious ones such as poverty, health (including SEN and mental health), EAL, parental influence, school standardsk league tables, workforce and labour needs?

This ippr paper is quite a good heads up on HCT.

Human Capital Theory - ippr paper

• 4 weeks later...

hi sue just seen ur reply and i have completed that assignment can you shed any light on this new one,

Project proposal and rationale supported by SWOT analysis 30 % (1500 words L.O.2,3,5) Submission date: Wed Oct 19th in Lecture Session

2. Progress Log 30 % (2000 words L.O. 2,3,5) Submission date: Wed Dec 14 St Peters Library service Prospect bldg. 6pm

3. Project Evaluation 40 % (1500 words L.O.1,4,6) Submission date: Wed Jan 11th

LEARNING OUTCOMES

Upon successful completion of this module, students will have demonstrated:

Knowledge

1 A critical evaluation of policy, procedure and rhetoric relating to inclusive learning and supporting children defined as special educational need

2 A critical analysis of a range of strategies to promote learning across the curriculum for different children with special educational needs within both the mainstream setting and special educational provision

3 Justification for the selection of a range of materials suitable to support individual children with special educational need

In addition will be able to:4 Critically interrogate key legislation supporting diversity and inclusion and how this is applied in practice

5 Critically analyse research findings supporting and challenging inclusive learning for children with special educational needs

6 Critically analyse the need for efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources to support SEN

• 11 months later...

Hi every1 im new to the BA honurs and doing the E100 module- The early years developing practicie has any1 got any tips on books/journals ec that would be usefull to me cos im kinda in a state of panic

Thanks

earlylearner

• 5 months later...

HI Everyone, I have an interview at Reading Uni in two weeks to do my 3rd year ofmy BA. I completed my Foundation Degree in 2008 but have not been able to afford the time or energy up till now to finish the 3rd year. But reading these posts have can of frightened me into thinking I can't do it... having 4 assignments on the go ..... dissertation ideas .... research ....although I enjoyed the FDA its been a while since I wrote an essay.

I am not sure where to do my BA either as have an unconditional offer at Oxford Brookes [ who don't do the add on EYPS anymore ] or travel to Reading [ who are doing the EYPS for the last time 2013 ] I live in Abingdon so Oxford is easier but wonder if Oxford Brookes will do the new EYT status

Those of you that have done your 3rd year, Did you need the uni library's much as I could get to Oxford B at the weekend but not to Reading Uni so easily

Oxford is going to be Mon 9-7pm then I will be working 8-4pm rest of the week,

Or work 8-4pm Mon-Thurs then Reading Friday 9-7pm

....... decisions decisions .....Why is it not simple ?

Regardless of where you do your top up it may be possible to arrange to have access to the nearest university library. There is a scheme in place for students to use other university libraries although you may not be able to borrow items. I used it last winter when I was worried I might get cut off from uni by snow but would still need access to resources. Well I say used it - I had a lovely Christmas break and did no work bu the thought was there!

'More Great Childcare' - A guide to the Government's childcare reform proposals have just read this article in Nursery world....its great that they want to improve the qualifications of everyone working in Early Years settings to bring them closer to Teachers etc, but there is nothing said about improving the Early years Educators hourly rate. Looks like that is set to stay low .....This does anger me as employers expect more from us and put more responsibility onto us once we are trained yet our wages stay the same ......poor show from the Government who must take home quite a monthly wage packet :angry:

Well I have done it now...... I now have 6 months to get my head round the fact that in September 2013 I return to study at Oxford Brookes to do my third year.

I completed my Foundation Degree in 2008 so you can see why its scary.... can I get back in the mindset of completing Assignments and meeting deadlines :huh: I hope so.....

To anyone who has already completed Oxford Brookes BA in Early Childhood studies.... Do you have any good books that you recommend for me to read over the summer holidays or any other tips that spring to mind would be greatly appreciated :D

• 4 months later...

Just spent the day at Oxford Brookes for my induction to my top up yr. Feeling a little less nervous now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)