Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Peer Observations!

marg24

Hi, this is my first post on here so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place!!

I run a full time day care nursery and have been advised that it will be a good idea to implement peer observations!!!

Not sure how staff are going to react to this but feel that it could be really beneficial! I was hoping for some advice or guidance from anyone who has peer observations at their setting!

Thanks in advance

hello and welcome to the forum. :o

Peer obs can be tricky - i did it with my staff for EEL - spoke to all the staff and they prefered that they did not know who was observing them and fed back to me - then i fed back to the staff member - it did work well. :(

Some of my settings i visit do them and right from the start have said staff will observe each other and feed back - and they are now used to that way of working - depends on how confident the team are i think - good luck let us know how you get on x xD

Well this is really spooky :o I'm in the process of putting together a short article about this! Hopefully it will be up on the site in a day or so. Welcome to the forum marg and thanks for making your first post.

A warm welcome to the forum Marg24. :o

We did peer observations on each other quite a while ago with my manager saying it would be a regular occurance.........have never done it since!!!

I preferred not to know when my colleague was observing me as it gave her a truer picture of my practice and I didn't feel under pressure. I welcomed the feedback although some staff may not for their own reasons.

I hope it all goes well for you and that you let us know the outcome. xD