emmajess Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 Ages ago I read a poem on here that was about school and home working together, that you couldn't have one without the other, the value of both ...I'm sure there was something in it about clay, or moulding children... It's exactly what I need for my parents' workshop but I've done a forum search - a bit too broad, on 'poem' - can't find it and I'm going cross eyed with the number of poems I've read! Can anyone help? Thank you!
Posy Posted September 19, 2010 Posted September 19, 2010 Is it 'I dreamt that I stood in a studio...' blah blah blah and at the end something like 'The parent and teacher together ' If it is I have it at school It's by my favourite author - Anon Posy
eyfs1966 Posted September 19, 2010 Posted September 19, 2010 Found this on the DLK site Unity By Cleo V. Swarat I dreamed I stood in a studio And watched two sculptors there, The clay they used was a young child’s mind And they fashioned it with care. One was a teacher: the tools she used were books and music and art; One was a parent With a guiding hand and gentle loving heart. And when at last their work was done, They were proud of what they had wrought. For the things they had worked into the child Could never be sold or bought! And each agreed she would have failed if she had worked alone. For behind the parent stood the school, and behind the teacher stood the home!
dublinbay Posted September 19, 2010 Posted September 19, 2010 Never heard of this poem before but it's will be great for our new parents evening next week. Thanks for sharing eyfs 1966.
narnia Posted September 19, 2010 Posted September 19, 2010 Lovely! might just pinch that for our brochure.................what is the DLK site, please??
emmajess Posted September 19, 2010 Author Posted September 19, 2010 That's the one!!!! Phew! Thank you so much - now I can relax!
Cait Posted September 19, 2010 Posted September 19, 2010 Lovely! might just pinch that for our brochure.................what is the DLK site, please?? this one?
Recommended Posts