Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Son's Wedding

Hi, My son, Tony is getting married tomorrow, well he's my step son since he was 11 yrs he's now 20 yrs.

I went out with Hubby, Tony's dad today to get a dress, Flowers and pink ribbon, very feminine.

The wedding and reception is at a local hotel (Where I actually had my wedding reception when I married Tony's dad, Dave)

Tony left home 18mths ago to join the Army Air corp, so it's not as if he's just leaving home now but I feel really strange, like it's not really happening, I don't think I will believe it is until it does tomorrow, if you see what I mean :o

His wife to be is a lovely girl, a few years older and a mother of two, I shall be doing her hair and as she didn't want to wear the full wedding dress bit, she asked to borrow a ball gown of mine which is beautiful, white and with sparkly beads, she looks as good as any bride in a magazine.

The wedding is at 5pm so I think we will have a long day tomorrow, waiting.....I am doing clare's hair for her and although I'm only step mum-in-law she has involved me in quite a lot of the preparing the bride stuff.

I'm rambling now, just wanted to share my good news and how strange I feel.

Peggy

how wonderful peggy, and Im sure you'll have a fab day. Lots of tears and laughter Im sure.

Im a step mum, mother in law, and grandma too (although I do draw the line at being called nanny or gran!!!!!), and it was strange when my step daughter got married but it was a wonderful time for all the families involved.

Thinking of you tomorrow then, hope its lvoely, and Im sure it will bring back memeories of your own wedding too! take lots of photos wont you?

Oh, Peggy!!

Please really enjoy it!! I know how you feel, it wasn't really real for me when my daughter got married - 4 years ago now....(although I did get my oufit a bit earlier than you!!!!!!!!!)..not until she came down the aisle on her Dad's arm when I remembered every single second of my day, as I saw it. I think? :o

have a lovely day, all of you

Love xx

Sue :D

I really hope you enjoy the day, Peggy. Your wedding outfit sounds lovely (not a pair of leather trousers in sight!!), and it sounds as if the bride will be beautiful (with more than a little help from her 'step-mum-in-law').

I hope the sun shines on you all, and that everything goes off without a hitch. If you'll pardon the pun.

Maz

Ooooh Peggy how wonderful! :D

In our family we have a word 'bestestest' which one of the boys used to describe a birthday many years ago!

So I truly hope you have the bestestest day ever, that the sun shines and congratulations to you all :D:D:D:D

Thank you all for your best wishes, the sun is shining brightly and I'm now off to prepare the bride.

Peggy

p.s. I promise I'll only post one photo tomorrow, honest :D

Peggy

Your amazing

So busy with the Wedding to prepare for and you still get time help

us all here. :D

I am sure you are at the wedding now toasting the happy couple.

Have a great day, I'm sure your very excited (and a little bit nervous)

Look forward to seeing the photo's

Carolann :o

WHERE HAVE THE DAYS GONE!!!!!

SUNDAY- HANGOVER

MONDAY - CHILL OUT

TUESDAY - Recover from Monday night out !!!!

TODAY - It is Wednesday isn't it? :D

Photos as promised.

Had a great day, everything went very well, I was cheif photographer ( budget wedding!!!) I took over 90 pics !!. As you can see by the ones attached Clare is beautiful, Tony is Handsome, Dave (my hubby) is very dapper and I am quite flowery in my new dress (note to self- need to go back to being blonde).

Thanks for all your thoughts and for keeping the rain away :D

Peggy

post-3604-1112116121_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1112116133_thumb.jpg

Help, I wasn't joking!!!!!!!!!

Just checked with Hubby, yes it is Tuesday. What's quite scary is that I just asked hubby, "What day is it today?" and he answered, without any question of why I didn't know...... :o

He obviously knows I've lost the plot and just require basic info now and again to keep on track of things.

Thanks for putting me straight Sue ( sorry I had to verify with hubby and didn't take your word for it)

Peggy

Aww what lovely pictures! I'm sure it was a fantastic day.

You've got me all excited about my wedding again now!!! Mind you, still got over a year to wait!