Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phone Help Now!

Cait

Right, firstly thank you for all your help choosing my next vacuum, what I need now is help with a phone!

The electrical socket is over the other side of the hallway from the phone socket, so currently the wire threads under the carpet. This is not the best scenario as it damages the cable.

Sooo, what I'm looking for is a phone that doesn't need a power supply, but I'd really like a 'hands free' one for when I'm chatting and ironing or whatever - and so I don't have to stay in the draughty hallway when I'm on the phone.

The answerphone is a reasonable facility, but not urgent as I could sign up for 1571 or whatever it's called.

What do you recommend? Is there such a thing as a hands free non-mains electricity phone?

Ooooh I'm really sorry Cait, i cxant really be of much help, i really hope though that somebody comesalong and helps you out. I always see you on here and notice that you resond and always helpful feedback that i take on board and use.

Someone out there....please help Cait!!!!

xxxxx

Cait, you could use a wired phone connected only to your phone socket. You can get pretty long cables but I doubt they would be long enough to allow you to take a call in another room.

If you have a wireless phone then you need a power point to plug the base station into to recharge the battery. you only need one phone socket for multiple handsets. You could run a phone line round the skirting board to the power socket so that they are both in the same place or an extension power line to the phone socket round the edge.

Also worth remembering you choose a 'base with handsets' as your main source of phone - they do not work during power failures.

How about one of those that fit with the internet hub? or is that only with BT? (we have one in a box somewhere- I really must sort it out!!)

What do you recommend? Is there such a thing as a hands free non-mains electricity phone?

Its called a mobile!

sorry but all that connect to a landline and are wireless need a power supply, we had the phone socket extended to closer to the power rather than the power supply extension..

Inge