Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Of Qt's In Children's Centres

As the new academic year starts and we all gear ourselves up for the year ahead it feels to me as if this year is one that has the potential to be fraught with all sorts of difficult decisions and additional times of stress. Most of which will directly affect the children and families benefiting from the services offered by their local children's centres, but also the staff working within them. The ring fenced budgets for Children's centres come to an end in April 2011 and many of us have no idea whether this will also be the time when we will join the increasing number of unemployed teachers. I would be interested to know how many of you on here have been given a clear indication as to whether or not the role of the QT in a CC will continue beyond April 2011 and how many others like me are waiting for the axe to fall, hoping it won't be here.

Hello and welcome. Sorry i don't know anymore than you at this time, but our local QT is great and it would most certainly be a huge loss if we were not to have her in our community.

Keeping everything crossed that this will not be the case for anyone.

Kind regards. xD:o

sorry I don't know either as we are a phase 2 centre so don't have a QT. But we have already had cuts with members of staff not being replaced and planned buildings not being built within our centres.

The only thing we are more busier than ever with midwife, HV and social workers being short staffed, and as things look at the moment this looks set to continue.

I suppose we will have a better idea with the budget changes next month and then April

• 1 month later...
As the new academic year starts and we all gear ourselves up for the year ahead it feels to me as if this year is one that has the potential to be fraught with all sorts of difficult decisions and additional times of stress. Most of which will directly affect the children and families benefiting from the services offered by their local children's centres, but also the staff working within them. The ring fenced budgets for Children's centres come to an end in April 2011 and many of us have no idea whether this will also be the time when we will join the increasing number of unemployed teachers. I would be interested to know how many of you on here have been given a clear indication as to whether or not the role of the QT in a CC will continue beyond April 2011 and how many others like me are waiting for the axe to fall, hoping it won't be here.

Well the axe has definately fallen up North as all Northumberland QT posts have been deleted from march 2011 according to the consultation document, which will be determined by the spending review next week but is likely to go ahead! Total nightmare for me as I've been in this kind of role for 7 years! Some authorities are retaining small numbers of QT's and some are yet to hear their fate. I don't know what is worse, knowing or not!! Take care.

My LAs restructuring will be announced early Nov after spending review finalises it.....none of us working for children's services currently know if we will still have a post or not across all the consultants/QTs etc, though the council is very pro early years so I'm just crossing my fingers whilst reading TES religiously.

Edited by catma

We are facing Childrens Centres closures so our QTs jobs will go. Actually at risk of redundancy right now and awaiting the next thrilling installment.

Not too sure either, although our children centre is attached to a school and we have a reception class, so will def keep our QT's, but what other cuts will happen we are not sure!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)